Ago

Out of panic I lifted my hand and sent the sands of time straight at him.
But nothing happened. No glowing veins. No sense of freedom. Nothing.

I looked at Dream. He would glow slightly even if he didn't give me permission to use my power. But he wasn't.
He's...not glowing...

"AAAAAAAH!"
The scream escaped my mouth. His eyes widened from the shriek.
"Hey! Hey relax!"

My heart was thumping into my brain. Eyes were blurring the world around me.
What-
Where-
Help-
Help!
My hands started to shake.

Some point between my panic attack Dream had put on some suit pants. Then he quickly wrapped his arms around me.
"Shhh. That's enough Y/N. Shhhh."
He whispered gently, rocking me back and forth. My heart was still racing.
What happened to George?
Is he really dead?
Is Sapnap alright or was he killed too?

His strong arms only registered once my pulse had slowed.
Power. No power...
Why...why is he here? Where is here?
He pulled away, looked into my eyes,smiled and then got up.

"Shall I catch you up?"
He asked, tossing a white collared shirt over his defined body. When I didn't respond he looked over his shoulder to me.
"I might as well. I can't do this without you anyway. Although I think we'd both prefer it that way."

I felt myself forced back into that place. King's mage. Lower status.
"Speak then you snake."
I spat. If there was one thing I hated more than him it was when someone wanted to make themselves higher than me.

"You're not going to like this."
"Try me asshole."
He glared up at me. His gaze was something that sent shivers up any spine. Whether the spike in my nerves was good or bad I had no idea.

"Something happened. I have no idea how or why but for some reason your power was amplified beyond anything I think we are capable of. Perhaps the panic, mayhem and power got to you-"
I got out of the bed.
"Nothing gets to me. Not like that."
He rolled his eyes.

"Enough."
He growled out, putting a suit jacket on. I snapped my mouth shut. I enjoyed teasing him, it made up for the hell I'd been through. Yet I knew not to test him too far. I could already taste those dreadful pliers in my mouth.
"Once I came round I saw you falter and faint. When I carried you back to the city though...something was different."

Table lamp.
Wait he carried me?
"Different how?"
I said still taking in the room. He combed through his hair. Then took the basic wooden chair and sat with his legs on either side of it and the back of the chair on his chest. His arms on the top of it as he spoke.
"For one. The soldiers are wearing their old uniform. The white and silver instead of grey and gold."

Odd.
It was one of the immediate things Dream had changed once he became king.
"The other was this."
He picked up one of the many newspapers and handed it to me.
He tapped the top.
"Check that date."

10 March 1015.
But that's-
I looked up at him.
He shrugged.
"Yeah...I bought that from one of the paperboys.Today."

That was...5 years ago.