Silver Medal

My vision focused as I found myself on the floor. I hurled, my body shaking from the power loss. The cold marble floor of the throne room greeted my hands. Clay fell next to me. His emerald eyes pierced into me.
"Y/N what did you-"
A hand snatched his cloak's collar and swept him off his feet before he could finish.

Energy pulled on the bond created by the Red Assassin and myself. He held Clay in the air, choking him.
"I'm sorry...Clay...but I needed you to trust me."
I gasped out, pulling myself onto my shaky legs, tasting the left over bile in my mouth. I ran my fingers through my hair to pull it out of my face.
"W-hat?"
He choked, scratching uselessly against the Red Assassin's hand. A faint golden glow came from the hood as he used my magic to reinforce his strength against the King.

Another sink of energy came as Clay used our own bond to try and counter the man. I tried to cut off their supply but I was feeling too weak.
Just make him believe it.
"I wanted my power, to finally use it for what I thought was best. It's that simple."
A shadow shifted in the beams above.
So it actually worked.

I walked up to the Red Assassin and patted his shoulder.
"Please...let him down."
He threw Clay onto the floor and I nearly flinched, but I knew I couldn't show him any sympathy.
Get him to the basement. George will save him from there.
Two soldiers walked forward with cuffs ready. A distorted voice rose from the Red hood.
"Did you really think I wouldn't kill you Big Brother?"
He asked as his laugh trembled on the walls.

My energy pulled more as he kicked Clay straight in the stomach.
Something thudded to the ground.
A gas mask.
He grabbed the DragonSlayer axe off the ground and dragged it along the floor toward Clay.
No!
I instinctively moved forward but the two soldiers grabbed... my arms.
What?!

They locked the cuffs onto my hands and the metal glowed.
"Heh, anti magic cuffs. I was worried this would happen."
His honey like voice mused.
He turned his red hood to face me, removing it. I was greeted with jet black hair, hazel eyes and an all too familiar grin.
"S-Sapnap?"
I whispered,my heart dropping. He smiled.
"Yes Sweetheart. It's me."

He made his way in front of my face.
"Did you really think I'd let you become a queen?"
My heart dropped into my stomach.
"You promised me."
I whispered, defeat seeping into my voice.
"YOU PROMISED ME!"
I screamed. He placed his mouth right against my ear.
"You. Are. Nothing."
He whispered and he moved away.

Clay twisted off the floor and punched Sapnap in the gut. Sapnap swung the axe an instant later. Clay swerved to dodge it. The two circled one another.
"Come on Clayyy. You're going to fight your best friend?"
Clay moved carefully placing his steps,
"Why would you do this Sapnap?"
The pain clear in his voice. I tried my best to pull on my restraints, the metal cutting into my arms.
"I've been itching for a fight ever since I found out."
He grinned from cheek to cheek, an insanity burning in his eyes.

Clay clutched onto his knives.
"It's doesn't have to be like this Sapnap."
His voice was filled with regret and warning. Sapnap stopped and stood up straight. He let his smile fade. My power drained further as his hazel eyes flashed into gold.
"Yes...yes it does."

He dashed at Clay who dodged out of the way.
I need to help!
I pushed my magic through my hands but the cuffs tightened around them and my magic seemed to nullify. He swung and he moved to slash him across the cheek. He brought the axe up just in time and kicked Clay in the chest.
Clay rolled back onto his knee and threw two knives at once. Sapnap spun the axe deflecting them both. Clay grabbed his sword off the ground.

"You think it was easy? Finding out your whole life was a lie?!"
Sapnap roared.
"You forget yourself Sapnap! The throne is not entitled to you!"
He rushed and met Sapnap in the middle of the room, their weapons screeching against one another. He head butted the jet black. Sapnap stumbled back and blocked Clay's kick. Each of them used my magic to the point that they were moving at speeds I could barely see.

Just then the third party jumped and pinned Sapnap to the floor. His goggled glasses stared down at his best friend.
"Sapnap? What the-"
Sapnap threw George off of him. George easily rolled back up. He was much smaller than the brothers. He was made for agility and surprise attacks but this time the surprise was on him.
"Sap? What are you doing mate?"

Sapnap swung his axe in a circle as he made his way for Clay. George got a dagger in his hand and scrambled to the bigger man. George had just gotten close enough when Sapnap whipped around and crushed the handle of the axe straight into George's legs.

He screamed in pain and crumbled to the floor. Sapnap took the handle again and smashed into George's other leg.
"AAAAAAAAAAAK!"
He screamed over and over. Sapnap rolled his eyes, already bored of George.
"Honestly George you'd think you'd learn to stay out of things that don't concern you, you shrimp."

I scrambled to George but the soldiers grabbed my shoulders and forced me to my knees.
"YOU MONSTER!"
I screamed but he paid me no mind. Clay swayed slightly, but he placed his XD mask on and steadied himself.

"You...should...know...there...is...no place...on the throne...for a traitor."
He huffed out sending another two knives at Sapnap. Again they fought at the speed of light.

A body flew and smacked against a wall making a deep crack. Clay's limp head hung, blonde hair matted with blood.
"NOOO!"
I shrieked as the tears began to roll down my cheeks.

Sapnap picked his brother up by his hair and into the air.
"Know my place?"
He hissed into Clay's face.
"I'm forgetting myself?"
He shoved Clay to the floor, George lay unconscious with two broken legs, groaning in pain. My heart was racing as I helplessly fought against my restraints.

He grinned, looming over Clay with the axe just inches from his face. Clay clutched his side and was breathing heavily.
"No Clay you forget where you stand next to me. You. Are. In. My. Shadow."
He kicked him in the chest.
"Act like it."

He started to laugh as Clay's figure tried to move away.
"I mean, it no wonder your only weakness-"
He snapped the axe's blade toward me where Clay's eyes trailed.
"-was so willing to leave your side. You are weak! You were a chess piece all along! Not so detective now are you?! I AM THE RIGHTFUL KING! Our own mother was scared of my power!"
His eyes filled with pain and his shoulders dropped. My heart stung at his expression.
Dream's XD mask suddenly cracked violently in half as Sapnap sliced through it.

"You are a walking second place medal."
My power drastically left my body, Sapnap glowed and placed a magical barrier on Clay, forcing him to kneel.