Copy

Dream POV

The last Wither Skeleton fell into ashes at my feet.
Thank the nether hell.
That's when the glint of gold armour alerted me. The soldiers of the were rushing up a tower.

It's been six months since we became the Deathly Duo. Y/N's power was still absent mainly, I was only able to access it briefly and even with it my strength doesn't compare to how we were in the present,future I have no clue anymore.

This was our fourth mission. Using us Mo-, Queen Puffy successfully invaded two minor kingdoms and gathered two other's ear statistics with the third safely under my shirt. I immediately let the bond fade so I wouldn't drain too much of her energy.

Alright now for those soldiers.
I checked below into the lava lake. As expected all seemed to be in order.
That's when a figure appeared at the top window of the adjacent tower. The tower the soldiers went up.
Shoot.
I slammed the piglin down and grabbed his crossbow.

I pulled the knot tightly.
"MASK!"
I heard her shout. My eyes show up to her falling figure.
Dammit!
I placed the crossbow handle between my teeth. Grabbed the rod from its sheath on my back.

Like skipping stones.
I reminded myself, swinging my arm back as the line floated higher.
Just as her body came in line I swiftly brought my hand and the line whizzed toward her.

I felt the hook latch to her sleeve. Her weight pulled me forward.
Hold on Y/N!
I pulled with both my hands, placing my feet securely behind the side wall of the bridge. Her weight shifted as she swung to the bottom of bridge.

Her E/C eyes looked up at mine. She smiled and my heart twisted. I took the crossbow out my mouth.
"Copy."
I replied coyly. The chink of armour started sounding through the fortress again. Cocking the bow I shot it straight up at the chunk of Basalt above the bridge.

I wrapped the rope around my one arm. Y/N's weight left the fishing line. The Head of the Dxm army was a few feet away. I saluted to her. And jumped off the bridge.

The heat washed over my face. The strange creature came into view. I clutched onto its saddle. Once I was comfortable I yanked the rope, dislocating all the toxic salts. On the tower a red hood stared down at us. The Red Assassin.

Y/N came over on her strider. Something was wrong. She smiled softly.
"Let's get going."
"What's wrong? Tell me."
Her face straightened like the stubborn idiot she could be.
"Igotstabbedinmyside..."

She mumbled. I grabbed her strider's leads. Glared at her.
"What was that? Speak with your chest."
She brought her chin up. Her skin was getting paler.
"I got stabbed in the side."
Shoot!

"Hold on!"
I shouted, turned our striders still holding her leads and bolted to the portal.
I could see she was fighting off the pain but she was losing.
Her head bobbed slightly.
"Hey! Y/N darling you have to stay awake! Uhhh..."

I desperately tried to think of something.
"Tell me about your mom!"
A nostalgic smile plastered her face.
"She...loved red...or this type of red...more of a..."
"Maroon?"
I egged her on, slipping her off her stride and carrying her bridal style.

"Yeah...she used to make...maroon macaroons...when I was little...so I could learn bigger words..."
Her eyes were distant. I hopped to the portal and felt as we relocated in the basement of the castle.
"I remember...raspberry flavoured."
I said as I rushed up the stairs with her.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw my hands holding her.
"You're...touching me..."
Her eyes looked up to mine. Gorgeous E/C.
"It's...nice..."
She whispered starting to fall asleep again. I felt my cheeks blush.
"Hold on. You're my bond. Mine. Not even death is taking you away from me."

That's when the maids, servants and physician crowded us to help.