Banned

Dream POV

The physician dabbed her boiling forehead. He stood slowly. I helped him up.
"I need to go downstairs to make her serum for her fever. Her body is wasting too much energy."

A spike shot up my arm. My vision sharpened and my body burst with power. A golden glow vaguely came from behind the old man. His brows furrowed and he started to turn. I grabbed his arm and made him face me.
Stop!
The connection to her, our bond, seemed like a mere ringing in my ear. Still she glowed.

"Uhh..."
I had to think of something before he saw her and exposed us.
"Could you do that quickly? I'd like to have my partner back on her feet as soon as possible."
I nudged him out of the door and blocked his view. As soon as he was out the frame I shut it.

Oh my gods.
I slouched my head onto the door. The faint glow of her power still filling the room. I looked at her sleeping figure.
"You better not leave me here. Stop glowing like a firefly and help me get out of here dammit."
Still as a soldier.
"Come on Y/N that's no fair!"
I would exclaim as she seemed to appear from nowhere. She beamed that beautiful smile, her two space buns bouncing on her head.

"Don't you think it's about time you stopped trying to beat me?"
She would tease. I would run my hands through my hair, rub the back of my neck. She was perfect.
"You remind me of a mouse. Sneaky,quiet but could cause a real chaos in the house."
Her nose scrunched up, it made me laugh.
"I don't like being the mouse."
I held her chin so she looked at me.
"Too.Bad."

The memory faded as did the glow of her veins. Her chest rose and fell,in sleep.
Finally.
I opened the door and down the stairs. The truth was the DXM soldiers were after us for two items we had stolen. The plans that my mother now had to cause gods knows what pain...and the other was a small vial of pure white liquid.
Induced magic.

I quietly entered the library. Removed my green hood. I made way around the familiar bookshelves. Madness Treatment.
Machine Theory.
Magic is Banned:Why?
"What you looking for mister?"

I spun around to see a fourteen year old boy staring at me over his book in one of the chairs. Black curly hair and blue eyes.
"Oh, didn't notice you there. Sapnap right?"
I continued to scan the spines of the library books.
"Yeah. What do I call you?"
I bit my tongue before answering. Unlike Y/N lies never came to me easily.

"Deathly Son."
He rolled his eyes.
"Really?"
I breathed in and clenched my jaw.
"Yes. Really. You in here often?"
I knew he was. George and I used to tease about his obsession with books all the time. Maybe a bit too much.

"Why? What you looking for?"
His book was down and he stood up. I started to panic, not wanting to tell him the truth.
"I...I used to have a friend who could..."
I clenched my jaw,
"Use magic."
"Magic is banned from the SMP."

My nerves were spiralling.
"I realise that but remember...I didn't grow up here."
His eyes narrowed but eventually he shrugged it off.
Thank you.
"Anyway they lost their magic for some unknown reason. We would use an induced magic vial the mage at the time would create but he never returned to himself again."

He pointed to the shelf above me.
" 'Mages and All We Know' should give some theories on it but none of them have really been proven to work."
I grabbed the book and made my way to the exit.

"I do have this other theory-"
I was too busy looking through the pages that I accidentally ignored what he said.
"Thanks Sapnap you're great."
I said before making my way up the stairs.

Narrator POV

Sapnap stood in the library doorway completely thrown by this new assassins questions and behaviour. He finished his sentence to the wind.
"To use severe emotions like trauma to push the mages instincts and magic back to light."

Weird.
He thought to himself. He sighed as he ruffled his black curly hair out and sauntered to find his best friend Clay.

Dream sat on the edge of Y/N's bed flipping through the pages of notes. All the while he rubbed a small, white, gold veined stone between his fingers. He knew what he would have to do. It was the only way to keep her going. But he worried about whether the person he needed for the job would sell them out...or worse...