Something is Off

Ranboo POV

There's something off about them.
I thought as I ate my wife's lasagna and went through my notes. I kept notes of each day, it helped me remember everything I would need to. I dug my nails into my leg as I scanned through them.

The Deathly Duo had quickly gained respect and adoration by the kingdom and the Queen herself. The woman, Deathly Daughter, was the ruthless and opinionated one of the two. She seemed so familiar but I was struggling to pin her.

Her partner was level headed but tended to be just as merciless in his killings. Apparently he had been in a fight with another employed assassin of a different kingdom...they found the other assassin's body hanging from the church steeple.

Both ducked from confrontation and even general conversation. All we knew was that they weren't from our land. I had another bite in irritation. Vera lightly smacked my hand off my leg.
"Honey what's wrong?"
I shook my head.
"I...it's nothing. I must be just overthinking it like always."

She frowned a little and gently moved a curl away from my face.
"Why don't you go and garden for a bit. That always seems to calm you."
I kissed her auburn head.
"Whatever you want Mrs Beloved."

I made my way out to the garden filled with all sorts of magic induced plants that both I and the physician use for patients and for me,potions. That's when I saw her little figure sitting with her chin in her hands.
"Don't you have class Bug?"
I stated as I sat next to her. Her E/C eyes were gazing far over the city walls.

"Daddo?"
"Yeah?"
I could see she had a question that meant a lot to her because she dug her nails into her thigh. A habit she got from me.
"Why...why do people grow apart?"

Oh no.
I thought this may happen. The Queen would never have her son being friends with a commoner even if that commoner was a vessel of god power.
"Well...normally it's just because you haven't spent as much time together. People have certain destinies. And sometimes,"
I paused knowing that what I was about to say would hurt her. I also knew that she deserved to know it plainly,
"Sometimes those destinies can be cruel,intertwined, but ultimately lead you on different paths."

Her shoulders slouched. I patted her H/C head.
"Just because you fade doesn't mean it's gone forever. Remember that."
She nodded. A messenger dashed into garden. I jumped up. Y/N stood up.
"Go get my cloak Y/N."
She silently stalked away into the house.

"Mage Ranboo!"
"What is Xen?"
He heaved for air.
"The Deathly Son has requested your assistance at the palace immediately."
What on earth could they have done this time?
Y/N came back and handed me my cloak. I hugged her quickly and made my way to the castle.

I knocked on the tower door. The green hood answers and stepped aside for me to come in. On one of the single beds was the Deathly Daughter unmoving.
"What is the cause of her injury?"
I unpacked some herbs. The green hood sat on the ground next to her figure, holding her hand and in the other he seemed to be rolling a stone between his fingers.

"The physician says that it was a type of poison laced on the weapons of DXM soldiers."
I opened her shirt to see a deep gash in her side. The bandage had been replaced recently but a thin line of black liquid had dyed the surface. My eyes widened at the sight.
"That's...strange..."
I took a sample of it and placed it into a glass tube.
"What is?"

"Well,"
I swirled the solution around and it turned a deep purple as I had feared,
"The DXM kingdom is known as 'witch-hunters' and use one of their indigenous berries to lace their weapons. The poison they use can infect a normal persons wound. However to those with magical abilities it can lead to temporary paralysis, extreme hallucinations and comas...like your friend here."

I watched carefully however his lowered head didn't react too harshly to my hints.
"I assure you Mage Ranboo that my friend is no magic user."
Something's off.
"Hmm. Very well. It must have been a combination of poison and rust perhaps. Apply this to the wound and inject this into her blood for three consecutive days. If it worsens let me know."

"Thank you."
He said,not standing to let me out. I shrugged it off and opened the door. I glanced one more time at his face. He gazed on his partner in longing and worry. His eyes seems to swirl with colours. Blue but then green. Back to blue. His ginger hair that stuck over his forehead seemed to also get lighter and then back to the normal shade.

I'm losing my mind.
I walked out the door. Walking home to my wife and my little Bug.
I'm going insane.