Raised a Soldier

Screw this.
I opened up our bond and allowed Clay's energy to fill me. I breathed in relief. Her claw slammed into the tower just above my head. I smiled and snapped my eyes open.
"Rookie mistake."
I cut through the air and sliced deeply into her leg. She gave shrill cry and stumbled back.
I swung the axe in circles as I made my way to her. I wiped the blood off my face and grinned.
"Rule one: a woman can be a great actress."

I swung at her over and over again. The chink of her talons and the axe filled the air. She crawled her way up a tower and roared down at me.
"Gather the supplies! Quickly!"
I heard her voice and I stopped dead in my tracks. Her head perked up. There was the rest of the group at the shipwreck. I rushed over.
"GET OUT THE WAY! GO GO GO!"
I shouted already hearing the purple flames making their way to us. My mom picked her head up. She took her sword out. The team started to scramble around. The heat was catching up behind me.

My mom yanked my arm and twisted me around toward the flame. She took her sword and spun it around quickly, creating a small barrier. I shifted the weight and did the same. The flames surrounded us but were manoeuvred to the sides. She turned to the group behind us.
"We've got all that we can. Hide or we die."
They all nodded, even Queen Puffy was shaking. Next she turned to me.
"I raised you to become the greatest weapon the world has seen. But you are more than that. You, are a mortal with the power of gods. Good luck."
She wrapped me into a tight hug.

The adrenaline rushed through me. My heart dropped.
"Mom there's something-"
But she pulled away and shook her head.
"No. Go defeat that beast. I'll be just fine. I promise."
A roar came from behind us. I swerved around and made contact with the edge of her massive wing. My mom rushed to the others.

I smashed the handle into Jean's side and another explosion went off. The towers were all empty but one. I could see Clay on the side of it but he was struggling. I immediately blocked the bond.
He won't make it if I keep that up.
Pain shot through my entire body as she whipped me with her tail.
I couldn't breathe and a crack reverberated through me.
Blood came up my throat and out my mouth. I rolled to a stop.
I couldn't breathe, couldn't move.

My hearing drummed as my heart beat was slowing. Not now. Please gods not now.
"I made you. And I will break you."
Her voice mused out. My eyes were starting to close. The pain was too overwhelming.
A burst of energy flowed through me as a shout rang out. An explosion came from behind him as he leapt down...onto the dragon's head.
What?
Clay gripped onto her horns, forcing her head away from me with all his might.

"YOU MAY HAVE MADE HER WITH MAGIC BUT YOU NEVER RAISED HER!"
He shouted still trying to control her head movement. She thrashed under him and roared.
Move.
Move.
I slowly swayed toward her, my arm limp and the energy between us draining.

"I WILL NOT BE KILLED! I AM THE MOTHER OF MAGIC! YOU WILL PAY MORTALS!"
Her voice boomed out as she released purple flames straight up, hoping to hit him. I grinned, dried blood on my face and my ribs broken. I bent my legs, getting ready.
Clay locked eyes with me. He yanked her head back one last time.

I pulled every ounce of energy I could muster into my magic, the glow shining brightly. The axe glowed in response, reinforced by it. I pushed myself off the ground and high into the air.
"MAMA RAISED A SOLDIER NOT A BITCH!"
I shouted, sinking the blade straight into her neck. As gravity pulled me down I kept slicing into her. Her cry of pain overwhelmed my ears but I kept pressing down into her muscle. Purple blood gushed from above me. The energy inside of me draining as I reached the bottom.

I rolled out of the way, her body crashed down next to me. Then it went black.