need each other (fluff)

...

George had just finished 6 hours of work.
He did video editing for 2 hours, and did a solo stream with the other 4. He was honestly pretty tired from sitting at his desk and being on camera so much.

He took a long, hot shower to help his sore back before going to the kitchen.

Once the kettle was on the stove, he opened up Twitter on his phone and liked and commented on some tagged posts and fanart. Come to think of it, does he ever really get a break from work?

He didn't have time to think on it as the kettle was whistling.

He removed it from the heat, and poured the boiled water over a tea bag with some honey. Just as he set the pot on a cool burner, the front door opened. He didn't know Clay left the house.

He walked down the hall connecting the kitchen and the rest of the apartment, and he got to the two's shared bedroom. He set his mug on the side table and opened the curtains to let some sun in.

Once he walked back toward the bed and flopped down, he knew he wouldn't be up for a while.

...

After a short period of time he heard footsteps go by, presumably to his office. After the door creaked open and he heard footsteps coming back to their room he sat up and got his mug. Soon Clay had appeared in the door.

"Hey lovely, didn't know you were in here." He said slowly approaching their bed.

"Didn't know you went out." George replied in return.

"Yeah, it's nice out today. Figured I'd go walk around for a bit."

"Hm."

George set his mug back on the side table and layed down on his back. Clay flopped onto the other side of the bed shortly after.

"We haven't had much time together lately, have we?" George pondered.

"No, I guess we haven't. It's been kinda crazy hasn't it?" Clay replied.

"Mhm." George turned to face his lover,

"I've missed you." He said quietly.

"Oh baby,"

Clay turned to face his lover, and hold him close.

"Please don't let go." He muttered even quieter.

"I won't love, I won't"

...

Honestly, the 2 boys hadn't had time like this in 2 weeks. Of course they lived and worked together so it's not like they hadn't seen each other, but it'd been so long since they really had time to themselves.

Eventually George had his back pressed against Clay's chest, and the man's arms draped over his shoulders holding the smallers hands.

George had to admit he really missed it.

2 weeks of not having true time to themselves has taken a tole on him. He missed their dinners out and late, late nights together. They hadn't done anything like that in quite a while.

"I'm so tired." George had muttered under his breath towards the other.

"I know baby. You can sleep. I promise we can stay here all day. I've missed you to." He said sweetly in return, placing a feather light kiss on the boys neck.

"Okay Clay." He closed his eyes, ready to fall asleep with his lover again.

"Goodnight Georgie."

They just needed each other.

...