Ch.7

*Y/N's POV*

"Y'know Y/N...I'm not really the one to ask for fighting advice." Tanizaki said as we made our way to the roof.

"Can I ask why the sudden desire to fight?"

"Mister Dazai...he said I would only get in the way if I went with them. I just...want to be helpful."

Things were silent for a moment as I leaned on the railing. 

"Well...I'll try my best to help you. Is there anything that you're athletically good at?" Tanizaki inquired.

"At my old school, I was on the track team but I also took gymnastics growing up." 

I took my cardigan off along with my boots before stretching a bit to warm up.

Once I was done stretching I backed up against the railing and took off into a series of flips, ending with an aerial.

"That was amazing, Y/N!" A feminine voice shouted, pulling my attention to the door where Naomi was.

"Well the gymnastics would help you with dodging enemy attacks but as for fighting back I would suggest taking some Judo or Aikido classes." Tanizaki suggested after thinking for a moment.

~*~*~

After spending a while on the roof, where Tanizaki taught me how to at least throw a punch, we made our way back inside just as the guys were coming back from the mission.

"Did you guys catch the culprit?" I asked curiously as we entered the office.

"Yeah, we did." Atsushi answered with a soft smile.

Before I could congratulate them Mister Dazai spoke.

"Y/N...could you come with us for a moment?" He asked, an unusually serious look on his face.

"S-Sure, I guess..."

*Atsushi's POV*

I already knew where this was heading, especially since Ranpo was back. 

I followed Dazai, Kunikida, and Y/N into the meeting room where Ranpo and the President were already seated.

"Please have a seat, Y/N." The president instructed to which she hesitantly obeyed.

"We're going to ask you a few questions and we need you to answer honestly. First question...Is your real name really Y/N L/N?" Dazai began questioning.

"Yes." She answered but it came out as more of a question. I could tell she was getting nervous.

"Then why are there no records that you exist? Are you a victim of human trafficking?"

"No...I'm n-not..." She responded and began playing with the ends of her hair, avoiding eye contact.

"Then tell us...where did you really come from?" Dazai asked softly.

The room grew uncomfortably silent with the exception of Y/N's ragged breathing and sniffles. It stayed that way for at least two whole minutes before she spoke again.

"If I tell you the truth, you have to promise you won't call me crazy because even to me it sounds unbelievable, but I swear on my parents' graves that it's the truth!"

"You have our word." The president said.

"I-I'm...not from THIS world. In the world I came from I...I...I died after being struck by a large truck. When I died, I ended up in some sort of in-between area where a man with long blonde hair and angel wings told me that since I passed away long before I was supposed to, I would be given a second chance at life in a world that was different from mine. That's when you guys found me."