Ch. 17

[[Anything in these brackets is the reader using JSL aka sign language]]

Y/N

That night Atsushi and I returned to the dorms.

"H-Hey...Can I sleep over in your apartment? I don't want to be alone." I said, fibbing a little on the last part. In reality, I didn't want Atsushi to be alone.

"Sure." He said sweetly.

"I just need to grab a few things and I'll be right over."

I entered my apartment to grab my spare charger for my hearing aids as well as my phone charger, pajamas, and a change of clothes for tomorrow before going next door. 

I knocked on the door and when Atsushi answered he was already in his pajamas.

"I laid out Kyoka's futon for you and the bathroom is free so you can change." 

"Thanks, Atsushi-Kun." 

After changing I entered the living room to find Atsushi settling into the bottom of his closet.

'So cute!' I thought as I stifled a giggle.

I smiled and moved Kyoka's futon over by the door of the closet and laid down so that we could talk face to face instead of across the room.

Atsushi

I watched as Y/N moved her bedding closer to me before settling in.

My eyes traveled down to her neck, where a large purple bruise had formed from when I strangled her earlier.

"It wasn't your fault, Atsushi-Kun. So please don't beat yourself up." She said softly.

"But...I almost killed you."

Suddenly my face was in between her incredibly soft hands.

"Nakajima Atsushi, if you don't stop beating yourself up I swear I'll kiss that adorable face of yours!" She blurted out, her face turning bright red as realization set in.

She let go of my face and rolled over so her back was facing me.

'What is this strange feeling in my chest?' I wondered as I rested my head against my pillow. 'Why do I suddenly have the urge to hold her?'

"I'm sorry, Atsushi-Kun...I shouldn't have said that..." 

"It's...alright."

It didn't take long before Y/N fell asleep but I noticed that she forgot to take her hearing aids out so I got up and gently took them out for her, cleaning them before putting them on the charger.

I looked at her peaceful form for a moment before finding myself staring at her lips.

"Awsushi..." 

My eyes widened a bit as my name escaped her lips.

"I think I...wike you..."

'She...likes me? Me of all people?! No, she's probably just dreaming...There's no way anyone could like someone like me...'

------

The next morning, the two of us went back to the Agency where we spoke with the woman from the Port Mafia.

"I see. The Gifted Operations Division...they are the strongest of all the Gifted Organizations. Get them to join your side and they're guaranteed to become the Agencies greatest weapon." She said, softly sipping her tea.