Ch. 16

Y/N

"Awww my wittle baby!" Haruna cooed as she looked at pictures of her cat.

'I need some quiet time...' I thought.

"Hey, Haruna?"

"Yes, Y/N?"

"Could I borrow your shower? I haven't had one in a couple of days, so I feel gross." 

"Of course, you're more than welcome to!"

I gave her and Naomi a polite bow before gathering my clean clothes and undergarments.

'Finally some peace and quiet...'

I took my hearing aids out and hopped in the shower, letting the hot water run down my body for a moment.

I had just finished washing my hair when out of nowhere a sharp pain shot through my skull, bringing me to my knees.

My vision was soon filled with a scene of two men standing on the same stretch of road that Kunikida took when he brought me to Haruna's. Upon closer inspection, it was the two guys that had initially interrupted us when Kyoka was fighting the woman from the Port Mafia. 

'They know where you are!'

The gentle voice jolted me out of my vision. I stood up, turning the water off before getting out and wrapping the towel around me.

'I don't have enough time to get changed so the towel will have to do...'

I grabbed my hearing aids and clean panties before racing downstairs.

'We have to get out of here!" I shouted frantically to which the two other girls nodded.

 Once we were in Haruna's car and driving away from the house I quickly slipped my clean panties on under the towel.

(So apparently Naomi and Haruna were being housed at a country-side inn but I'm too lazy to go back and change it so yeah)

"Hey, Naomi...are you sure the agency will come for us?" Haruna asked, sweat beading on her forehead.

"I have faith in my brother."

After a bit of silence, the car suddenly stopped before being lifted into the air.

"Something's lifting the car!"

"I can't open the door!"

"Are those roots?!" I asked as the car was crushed.

"That must have been scary. Apologies M'ladies." 

I looked out the backseat window to see the blonde guild member with vines sticking out of his neck. 'Gross...'

"Tell me. Do any of you know much about grapevines? What they do is seek out other plants to attach themselves to and then graft their shoots together. Allow me to demonstrate."

He lifted his arm and the vines crushed the car even further.

"By merging my grapevines with the surrounding flora I can use the plants in this area as an extension of my own mind and because the senses of this vegetation are in tune with my own I'm afraid that running away from me is simply an impossibility."

All three of us remained silent as we glared at him.

"Now now, don't look all upset. All I need is a little favor." 

"When a villain asks you for a favor all their going to do is take something from you and throw you away!" Naomi muttered.

"Not everyone in The Guild is pure evil...I'm just pragmatic."