Ch.9

Y/N

Atsushi and I rushed to the back of the train, pushing our way through the panicked crowd as we did. 

Atsushi opened the door leading to the next car when a girl in a red yukata shoved past up.

"Don't go that way, it's too dangerous!" He shouted.

The girl stopped and turned to face us and my eyes widened. "You're the girl from my vision!"

Suddenly the phone in her hand began ringing, prompting her to answer it before a tall, ghostly figure appeared behind her, ready to draw its katana.

Before I had any chance to react, Atsushi and I were being flung back. Atsushi used himself to cushion my blow and we turned back to face the girl.

Atsushi set me down and rushed at the girl only to be stopped by the ghost woman, who slashed him multiple times.

'How is she so fast?!' I pondered as I rushed to the boy's side.

"My name is Kyouka Izumi. I'm an orphan just like you...I like bunny rabbits and boiled tofu. I do not like dogs or lightning. I've killed 35 people in six months with the Port Mafia." She said in the most monotone voice I've ever heard.

'But she's just a child...' I wanted to reach out and envelop the poor girl in my arms and promise that everything would be okay but...I knew that was likely out of the question.

I helped Atsushi into a sitting position before the sound of the car door caught our attention. We turned to see civilians crowding the door, watching us. 

"Everyone needs to get away from here, it's much too dangerous!" I shouted and waved them away with my arm.

Feeling Atsushi move, I turned my attention back to see him standing, a look of determination in his bi-color eyes.

I fished around in my bag for the little plastic baggy I kept my hearing aids in when I wasn't using them and opened it.

"I'm going to take my hearing aids out, Atsushi. Don't want them getting damaged too bad." 

with that, I reached up and pulled the devices out of my ears and sealed them in the baggy before stuffing them in my pocket as I turned to face Kyouka.

"Stay away..." She said before we rushed at her. (Reminder: Reader can read lips. She can also use vibrations to tell where someone is coming from.)  

Kyouka's ability was too fast though and swung her sword but Atsushi grabbed me and held me against him protectively. 

I opened my eyes to see that Atsushi's arm was now covered in fur, resembling that of a white tiger and he was blocking the blow with just his arm.

The figure tried again to hit us but Atsushi dodged them while still protecting me.

'Maybe Dazai was right...I am just a burden. Please I just want to be useful!!'

As if the universe heard my plea time seemed to stop and my surroundings changed to the heaven-like place I had woken up in before ending up in this world.