Ch.13

Atsushi

'We made it back alive.'

'But still...I wonder if the Agency can look past the people Kyoka's murdered...?'

'What'll we do if she and the Agency are hostile towards each other?'

Pushing my worries aside I stepped into the office to find Kyoka standing on a chair, wearing a maid dress while most of the Agency members took pictures and complimented her.

"What's going on here?" I deadpanned.

"It's pretty amazing, right? She looks incredible in just about anything..." Tanizaki said with a smile.

"That's not what I meant...Mister Kunikidaaa..."

"Don't blame this on me. You and Y/N wanted to save her!" 

"Speaking of Y/N...where is she? She wasn't at home this morning..." I wondered aloud.

"Oh, she's in the girls' restroom but she refuses to come out for some reason." Tanizaki said just before Naomi skipped over to us.

"Her punishment from Dazai arrived and she's embarrassed to be seen in it. I wonder what the punishment is..." 

"I'M BACK!!!~"

Ranpo entered the office, carrying a large bag of snacks. 

"Check this out! This snack changes color as you mix it, go on try it!" He said excitedly, holding the package out to Kyoka.

We watched as he instructed her how to make it before eating the whole thing after asking for a bite.

"Do we know who asked her to come visit the agency?" I asked Tanizaki.

"It was me. What's our current status?" The president asked

"The Port Mafia erased her identity so the police haven't found her yet, sir!" Kunikida answered.

"I'm sure they'll label her a fugitive soon enough." President looked down at Kyoka as she approached him.

"Please let me stay here." She requested. "I'll do anything."

"I don't recommend it." Kunikida said "Not because of your background, or not having a job for you. It's for your own sake...it's a difficult life."

I couldn't help but agree. "Besides if you stay here the Mafia will find you. Shouldn't you run away as far as you can?" I asked.

"Akutagawa...he told me the only thing I was good for was killing people, but he's wrong. I have to prove that to myself."

After a moment I stood beside her and bowed "President...I'd like to vouch for her." I said.

"Me too!" A soft voice chimed from the door.

We all looked up to see Y/N, poking her head in the door. Her face was bright red and for some reason, she had a pair of tiger ears on her head.

"P-Please d-don't laugh, okay?" she begged before slowly opening the door all the way.

Now it was my turn to blush.

Her outfit consisted of a leather, orange tiger print, strapless bodysuit with a tiger tail, fishnet stockings and even orange tiger print heels.