Ch. 18

Reader using Sign Language will look like: [This]

Atsushi using Sign Language will look like: [This]

Y/N

A solid week has passed since Atsushi and I were abducted by Fitzgerald and right now we were in what appeared to be an office room. 

Our arms were bound in some weird shackles and we were both glaring daggers at our captor.

I saw Atsushi turn to look behind us so I too turned only to see the psycho red-headed girl, Lucy.

As soon as she noticed us she huffed and turned away from us.

Unable to stand her attitude I stuck my tongue out at her before turning back to Fitzgerald.

"Let's get back to business. I'm looking for a certain book." he said, resting his chin on his folded hands.

'He's looking for a book...?'

I decided to remain silent and let Atsushi do the talking.

Atsushi

"A book?" I asked softly.

"There's only a single copy of it in the entire world. It's said to be impervious to any type of firepower or special abilities. Someone with a gift foresaw that it would be sealed away here in Yokohama." He explained as I moved a bit closer to Y/N.

"What does any of that have to do with us?!"

"You are very much like the Tiger Beetle, a term that could also mean 'guide post'. And as for your little girlfriend here...how could I pass up having an angel on my team? Anyway...I brought you here because I wouldn't want you two turning to ash with the rest of the city."

"Ashes?!"

"We've neutralized the Gifted Operations Division but the Detective agency and the Port Mafia have proven to be quite a pain. If we simply burn the city down we eliminate them and make our search easier."

"YOO CAN'T DO DAT! YOO WOULD BE HUWTING SO MANY PEOPLE!!" Y/N shouted, startling me a bit.

"And besides no one has an ability that strong!" I added.

"Does this look at all familiar?" Fitzgerald asked and held up the creepy doll that the kid from the train station had.

He stood up and turned to look out the window behind him.

"The minute I rip this doll's head off, roughly twenty percent of the city's population will be afflicted with the curse." He paused and glanced menacingly over his shoulder at us. "This is our emergency plan! We call it the Yokohama Incineration Operation." 

*short timeskip*

Y/N and I were back in our cell, having just watched helplessly as Fitzgerald tore the head off that cursed doll. 

"Let us out!" I shouted as I banged on the door before running to look out the small window.

"Oh my...I thought I'd check on you two on my way to the garbage. What a pleasant sight!" Lucy sneered through the door. 

"Please, let us out of here!" I pleaded.

"Not a chance...I hate privileged people like you, always looking down on the rest of us."

I was about to say something but Y/N's voice startled me.

"Pwiviweged?! Pwiviweged people don get buwwied to deaf fo having disabiwities!! So take yow high and mighty attitude and shove it up yow ass!!"