CHAPTER 8

Chaeyoung Point of View

I'm still thinking about the case. I can't imagine how can she kill. Can a CEO can do that? I mean look, she had a company which the most famous in this whole world, so how can a CEO do that, how about her reputation? And yes I already agreed about Jeongyeon's plan, I just don't like hurting people feelings. I need to make a big wall in me, I know.

"It's lunch time" My thoughts stop

"Where are they?"

"I don't know, I thought you text them?"

"Am I"

"Speaking" I saw them coming in our way from Chiefs office

"Common let's go it's lunch time" Dahyun said and we go in the restaurant. We always eat here since the day we work. They have delicious food here, as always.

"I'll order, find us a seat" Jeongyeon said and we nod.

We just sit and all of us minding our own business, there's Dahyun spacing out, Tzuyu busy thinking about I don't know, and me I don't know, That case still bugging me.

"Let's eat" Jeongyeon said putting the tray down to our table.

"You two are lucky, you don't have nothing to do"

"Lucky? We have a case about those drug lords and you saying we're lucky. Are you for damn serious?" Tzuyu said and she's pissed I know.

"You're pissed because Dahyun is your partner? Am I right?" Jeongyeon said

"She's not helping. Look she's spacing out" We look at Dahyun, she's looking somewhere and she's not listening to us.

"Hey! Buddy!" I tap her arm

"Ah- ah-- what?" She's really not listening

"You and Tzuyu had a case holding, right?" I said

"Uh-hhm" She nod "It's about illegal drugs and drug lords" "Why?"

"Just stop spacing out. This giant here might explode" Jeongyeon said and she pat both Tzuyu and Dahyun head.

"Let's eat and let's hung out again when we're free from work, okay?" Jeongyeon said

"Yes sir" We synchronously said and we salute at her that make us all laughed.

I'm sure we will be very busy cause we have a cases to hold.

Jeongyeon Point of View

I'm here right now at Chaeyoung's apartment, she's in the bathroom taking a bath, of course it's a bathroom, what the hell.

I text my girlfriend Nayeon that I have cases to hold and I can't go to her house for I don't know until this case is done. I miss her.

"I'm done" Chaeyoung headed to me with a towel hanging on her back.

Chaeyoung Point of View

"Here's the plan, what you'll gonna do is to be her friend"

"Why me?" I asked "And you, what's your responsibility in this case?"

"Why you? Cause you're the friendly in two of us and you're cool" She said while nodding and raising her eyebrows. "And you'll going to give me all the informations if you're closed enough to her."

"No, I can't do that to her. That's a big NO" I said while removing my towel.

"This our work Chaeyoung, there's no other choice." She clearly said

"What work fooling her?! Is that the work you are saying!?" I'm totally in raging right now.

"Hey are you mad!" She shout at me and grab my shirt so she can pull me higher. "Build. A. High. Wall. Son. Chaeyoung. Build a high wall." She whisper right to my ear.

"Let go of me.... I'm sorry" I said in my very calm tone

She sighed "I'm sorry too I just can't control myself." She messed my hair

"No, I'm the one who suppose to say sorry. I just- i just don't want to hurt people."

"It's okay now, Chaeyoung-ah"

"You're right I really need to build a high wall to me and myself" I chuckled

"Can we start now?"

"Yeah sure"

"Are you agreeing being her fake friend?"

"I can't say no, right?" I sighed

"Of course you can't"

"How can I be close to her then??" I wonder how will I.

"Let's check the CCTV first, from her company until she gets home" I guess we will look like a stalker.

"Let's start tomorrow then, It's getting late." Jeongyeon said while checking her watch

"It's pretty late, are you going to sleep here or you'll go home or you'll to your girlfriend?"

"I'll go to my house besides my Nayeon might sleeping right now."

"Well okay" I said and I bid my goodbye.

"Bye let's meet tomorrow and remember the walls!" She shouted from the corridor.

"Bye good night!!" I shouted back.

"I just need to build a high walls into me" I whisper.

The problem is the way I act in the problem so basically I'm the problem, and the problem is still don't have a solution so.... fuck. After this case, I'll quit, I will quit as a detective and find another work, better than this stupid. The more your salary growing up the more the problems to come.

My decision are not full though, I'm such a heartless person if I do those.

Build. A. High. Wall. Son. Chaeyoung. Build a High Wall.

I remember Jeongyeon said earlier, I don't know it's just pop up into my ears.

If this thing won't work, I mean if she's really not a killer or let me say if she's really not involved about those missing men. I'll that man who call and break his bones. I just let my mind think until I fell asleep.

"BUZZ BUZZ BUZZZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZZZ" I press my damn alarm clock to turn it off.

"6:02 am" I got up and do my business which is take a bath, toothbrush. That's all.

I'm done taking bath and I'm gonna wear a suit. I get my gun holster shoulder strap for my 4.7 barrel full-size grip length 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S & W, .45ACP in short a Sig Sauer P320, or as you guys always saying a pistol. I put my neck tie first and wear shoulder holster.

"Should I wear blazer?" I said while putting my blazer.

"Let me see" I walked in my small mirror to see what am I look like.

Hhhmm not bad.

--------------------Thanks for reading and voting! I appreciate it so much, I really do

Thanks for reading and voting! I appreciate it so much, I really do.

Take care and don't forget to eat and do your school works!

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
-Counting Stars by OneRepublic