ᴠɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜ

SAGE stroked the horse's neck before she climbed onto the sleigh. She pulled the fur blanket over her knees and snuggled into it, her body instantly filling with warm. She jumped as she felt the whole sleigh shake. She turned and smirked as she saw no one other than Jess Mariano. He wiggled his eyebrows at her as he leaped from the back of the sleigh to the sleigh.
"What are you doing here?"
"Noticed you were alone. Hey, share the blanket at least." Jess snapped jokingly. Sage scoffed and put half of the blanket over his knees.
"It's so pretty." Sage looked around at Stars Hollow as they passed through slowly, studying the snow that laid on the ground like frosting on a cake.
"Yeah, it's horrible." Jess teased, resulting in a nudge in the shoulder from Sage.
"Can I push you out yet?"
"Be my guest." Sage couldn't help but laugh at the boy's sarcasm.
"Sage, I gotta tell you something, I think I can trust you, I don't know, I just.."
"Ew!" The boy was cut off by Sage's nose wrinkling in disgust as she watched the horse in front of them abruptly stop as nature called. Jess chuckled awkwardly, sinking into the leather embarrassed.
"What were you saying?" Sage smiled at the boy, nodding for him to go on.
"Nothing."
"Okay." Sage took in her sights of the dark town. Jess watched her as she waved to Rory in the passing sleigh who leaned to wave to Jess also, who hid, in hope she hadn't seen him. Rory cocked her head to the side as she saw the mysterious boy.

SAGE picked up a basket at the market and immediately put it back down. Her mother frowned at her.
"Why can't you just pick a basket?" Leanne sighed, having already picked her basket twenty minutes ago.
"Because! It's a town event, I like to be as involved as I can." Sage told, "Aha. This I like." She held up a wicker basket. Her mother nodded and let out a breath of relief. Approaching the till, they noticed Dean Forester. The tall boy was Rory's boyfriend, they had been together for has long as Sage could remember.
"Hey Dean. How's things with Rory?" Sage asked him. He grinned as he scanned the Robertson's purchases.
"Good thankyou. How's the Yale dream coming?" Sage giggled slightly.
"It's going okay. I probably won't get in though." Sage shrugged, receiving a shake of Dean's head in response.
"No. You're one of the smartest left at Stars Hollow." Leanne 'aw'ed at Dean's comment.
"That's very sweet Dean." Leanne's face softened, "You're a good guy." Dean smiled affectionately before handing the girl's change to them.
"Bye."
"See ya!"
On leaving, they passed Jess.
"Oh hey Jess! This is my mom, Leanne."
"Huh." Jess mumbled, running his hands through his hair.
"Nice to meet you." Leanne held out her hand for him to shake, but he politely ignored.
"Bye."
"Bye."
Sage's gaze followed the boy inside the market.
"I'm not keen on that boy, Sage." her mother's face resembled one of a scared child.
"I think he's just in a bad mood."
"Hmm.." Leanne tutted to herself, but Sage's stare still stayed fixed on the boy.

SAGE strolled down to the diner, the cold air hitting her face. She entered the diner and watched as the boy scrubbed the counter. He acknowledged the girl, then resumed his job. Sage knitted her brows.
"Hey! Jess!" He looked up at the brunette.
"This is a diner." he hissed.
"Outside." Sage huffed as she spoke in a whispery tone. She shoved the boy out the door.
"What was that?" Jess' face portrayed a look of confusion.
"What?"
"Earlier, with my mom?" Jess put two and two together in his head.
"What about it?" Sage scoffed.
"To think I was actually beginning to enjoy your company..." The girl began to walk away, put her hand was seized and she was turned to face Jess. Suddenly realising they were in very close proximity, they both took a step back, their cheeks reddening.
"Sage. Wait. I'm sorry, I need to tell you something." Jess meant his apology as Sage read his eyes carefully.
"Go ahead." Jess sighed.
"I like Rory." Sage's jaw dropped to the ground.
"What?"
"Yeah, I tried to tell you at the dinner but apparently horse's shit was more interesting." Sage giggled.
"You like Rory.." she muttered, the corners of her lips turning upwards.
"You can't tell anyone.."
"You like Rory!" Sage cried, dancing around like a small child.
"Shut up!" Jess threw his hand over the girl's mouth as the Gilmore girls strolled past and into the diner. Watching their discombobulated faces, Jess and Sage waved. As soon as they were inside, Sage shouted,
"You like Rory!"

 As soon as they were inside, Sage shouted, "You like Rory!"