x. ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ

JESS was nervous. The chocolate haired boy was sweating with anxiety. The teen didn't experience this sensation often. He even went home from school, complaining of a stomach ache and feeling hot and dizzy. He knew why it was. He knew far well. Luke and Rory had agreed for the smart girl to tutor Jess, due to his recent lacking of concentration in school. Jess rushed home. Rory wasn't arriving until late, but he needed to get ready. He was styling his hair when a thought crossed his feeble yet smart mind.
"God, why am I doing this?" he whispered to himself, throwing down the hair gel in a mixture of confusion and anger. He treaded with no care downstairs and spotted the brunette.

SAGE looked up at Jess and studied his knitted brows, emotionless eyes, and she couldn't pretend she didn't notice how much he styled his hair. He moved closer to the counter, ignoring her as the strong scent of his cologne was breathed in by her, causing her to cough uncontrollably.
"Shit! That's strong, man." Sage shouted, finishing her coughing fit.
"Shut up."
"What's up?" Sage rested her cheek on her hand, enjoying the heat of it that had lasted from when she had been holding her coffee.
"Nothing." Jess grunted, swiping Sage's coffee and downing the whole thing, dismissing Sage's angered face. She narrowed her eyes and he responded,
"It's on the house."
"What's up Jess? I can literally read you like a magazine." Sage fiddled with her hair.
"You cut your hair?" Jess asked her, flicking it playfully.
"Yeah." Sage stroked her trimmed hair, that in fact, no one had noticed yet, Jess had been the first.
"Looks nice."
"Thanks?" Sage answered, utterly bewildered. Rory entered.
"Right, Jess, let's get to work." her sweet voice said as she smiled at Sage genuinely. Sage's mouth hung open like a codfish and Jess' nose twitched awkwardly.
"Right." Rory took a seat on one of the tables. Sage's mouth was still wide open. Jess closed it by placing his finger on her chin and pushing it up.
"Don't say anything or I'll kill you."
"About what?" Sage faked obliviously biting down a laugh. Jess rolled his eyes.

THE girl ambled out the diner and pressed her face against the window, creating a steam with her breath. She watched the two kids smiling together as they both made each other laugh. Sage's grin faded slightly, although she questioned herself why.
No answer.
She ignored it, and strolled back home, deep in thought. She watched her surroundings of her town as she walked home. The autumn in Stars Hollow was her favourite. The pale orange leaves falling down. The sparkling lights that lit up the town and glistened. Sage decided to enter Doose's Market, although her decision proved to be a bad one. He stood there, standing without a clue, stocking the shelves. Sage turned to walk away before she heard him call after her.
"Sage!" she turned and cautiously stepped up to him. Treading through the store, she felt like it was a rose garden filled with thorns, each one pricking her skin as she walked further. He waited for her by the till.
"Hey," his soft but evil voice murmured, as he snaked his hands across the till to meet hers, although she smacked his hands away in disgust.
"Go away!" Sage cried, "This isn't right! You have Rory. She's really kind and loves you a lot. You have to stop, you're still upset Dean." Sage dropped her head, panting to get back her breath. Dean chuckled halfheartedly.
"She likes Jess." he said, his tone lowering. Sage glanced up to meet his eyes.
"What?"
"She likes Jess. She doesn't like me, she likes Jess." Dean muttered, Sage could sense the pain in his voice, "And I'm really sorry. You're right. I am upset. And to take advantage of you like that was completely wrong. I'm so sorry." Sage sighed in guilt and sorrow. She engulfed her arms around the towering boy and he sunk into her grasp, feeling utterly vulnerable and troubled. From outside, a loud shatter of glass and a crash was heard as car alarms sirened as they rang through their ears. Gazing outside, the red and blue lights lit up the darkness, and out of the car stepped a crying Rory, clutching her wrist, and Jess, holding her up helplessly, the look of stressfulness covering his face like a blanket.
"Oh my god." Sage rushed to the door and ran out, the echoing of the interrogating police in her ears. She stared through the window of Doose's, and watched as Dean grievously stood, his eyes glazing with tears as he never moved his gaze off his girlfriend and the boy who he now hated with a passion.

 She stared through the window of Doose's, and watched as Dean grievously stood, his eyes glazing with tears as he never moved his gaze off his girlfriend and the boy who he now hated with a passion