xɪɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄʜᴇʟᴏʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ

SAGE knocked gently on the mahogany door of room 16.
"Sage!" Sookie's unmistakable voice could be heard, as muffled as it was through the door,  before the auburn woman answered the door.
"Come in, come in!" she said bubbly. Sookie's room where she was staying for the night was filled with balloons and banners, written on them 'Happy Bachelorette Party Sookie!' or 'Last Night As A Single Woman'.
"I brought you a present!" Sookie put her hand to her mouth as she saw the magenta wrapped box.
"Thankyou!"
"Lorelai! Rory!" Sage exclaimed and went over to hug her best friends. She glanced to the other side of the room and saw Michel, smiling sarcastically and a crown that read 'Sookie's Bachelorette Party!' on it.
"Michel." Sage greeted, unhappily.
"Hello."
"This is a bachelorette party y'know." Sage said matter-of-factly.
"Oh, I know. I'm her friend! Unlike you, who were just a pity invite because Sookie needed people to eat her food." Sage scoffed and the other three shrieked:
"Michel!"
"Sage, that is not true." Sookie chuckled stiffly.
Sage laughed to assure Sookie.

THE alcohol burned her throat as she downed it. She breathed out exaggeratedly as she finished her small glass. Watching the others get drunk, Rory sighed, amused.
"Okay, I need to study." Rory picked up her bag and kissed her mother's forehead, who was lying half asleep on the couch.
"Oh, Rory!" Sage slurred, "Stayyyy." she continued, latching onto to Rory's arm, attempting to restrict her from leaving.
"I have to go Sage, I have to study." Rory giggled.
"Me too!" Sage burst into heaps of laughter and was joined by Sookie and what she thought was a laugh cross with a snore from Lorelai.
"I'm leaving aswell." Michel exhaled, following Rory like a lost puppy.
"Goodbye." Rory and Michel made her way to the door and slammed it hard, alerting her mother, who yelped loudly when the two left.
"Oh, I miss him." Sage ambled to the kitchen area to pour more alcohol without so much as hiccup in the girls' direction.
"WhoSagewhodoyoumean?" Sookie said, her words tumbling from her mouth in a rush of barely distinguishable syllables.
"You know who I mean." Sage smirked as she sat down and drank the whole of her fresh drink in one gulp. Sookie and Lorelai exchanged a muddled look.
"I think I was in love with him, and he didn't give a damn about me. He liked someone else, and why? I was there the whole time. He didn't even notice me. And now he's gone!" Sage let out a pained laugh. Sookie and Lorelai stayed silent whilst Sage continued to drink away her feelings. Sage stumbled forward and grabbed the side of the bed for support. She clung there, slack-jawed and slumped over, for a long time before she said,
"I don't wanna go home tonight. My mother can't see me like this." Her red solo cup slid from her hand to plunk pitifully on the wooden floor at his feet. And she began to cry, hearing Sookie calling her mother and trying to make her voice sound as sober as possible as she explained the situation.
"I really miss him." Sage whimpered, lying on the floor whilst Lorelai stroked her hair.
"I know honey, I know."

SAGE awoke, disoriented and with a terrible headache. She grunted as she massaged her temples. Suddenly getting flash backs in small snippets from last night, she gasped and flopped back onto the pillows.
"Sage, honey, are you okay?" Lorelai whispered as she entered Sage's room.
"I don't know." Sage groaned, her voice scratchy from the alcohol intake.
"You were pretty upset last night."
"Mhm." Sage mumbled, holding her hand on her head.
"I have gossip." Lorelai simpered.
"Spill." Sage kept her eyes closed as she spoke. Lorelai ran over to the bed like an excited kid and as she did so, she allowed the bed to bounce.
"I slept with Christopher last night." Lorelai but her bottom lip and Sage's eyes widened.
"What?"
"Yes!" Lorelai squealed. Sage nodded, trying to look happy for Lorelai, but knowing deep inside that this was going to, yet again, screw her life up.
"Oh, don't tell Rory." Lorelai warned.
"I won't, what's the time?"
"10:30." Lorelai replied.
"Shit!" Sage leapt out of bed but planted herself back down when she remember her hangover.
"Got up too fast?"
"Exactly."