xɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

THE Independence Inn was frantic. Everyone was preparing with little time for Sookie and Jackson's wedding. For Sage, being part of staff meant she was thrown in to help aswell. Sage didn't know anything about weddings. So she was pretty much thrown in the deep end here.
Once the hard day of work had been done, Sage gathered her belongings and strolled back home. She passed through Stars Hollow, watching Miss Patty's ballerinas from afar and passing there. Sage had not set foot in Luke's diner after the incident. All the while, she was livid at the owner, but she was craving some blueberry pancakes. Sage decided to try and she opening the door, the bell above it announcing her entrance. Sage moved to the counter, and swung one leg around the counter. Luke came out from the back and blinked twice when he saw the once regular customer.
"Hey." he breathed out. Sage gave a little wave whilst hiding her face in her scarf.
"I just want some pancakes I don't wanna talk." she mumbled and she could see Luke's face harden.
"Coming right up." Sage sat tranquilly. She didn't know what to say, hell, she didn't even want to speak to him. Luke emerged with a plate of the blueberry studded pancakes.
"Thanks." Sage started to eat them, not enjoying the stillness between them. She just couldn't forgive him, though.
"Y'know Lorelai and Rory haven't been in a while." Sage could sense the sadness in his voice.
"Mhm."
"I'm sorry Sage." Luke exclaimed, breaking the silence and awkwardness.
"What are you sorry about." Sage murmured, acting confused.
"Jess."
"What about him." Sage tried hard not to show any emotion on her face.
"You know that you l-" Luke stopped talking after he received a stare from Sage that didn't need explaining, "Sorry. I shouldn't have said anything..."
"Okay." Sage finished her pancakes and slammed the fork down on the plate, creating a clanging sound, "See you at the wedding?"
"Uh, weddings aren't really my thing, kiddo." Luke scratched the back of his neck.
"Lorelai will be there." Sage allowed a smirk to cross her features. Luke looked down, realising this kid knew all his weak spots.
"I'll be there." he chuckled, before the girl left happily.

"MICHEL!" Sage hollered, managing to draw in an angry french man as she did so.
"What is it?" Michel drawled idly in his thick french accent.
"You aren't helping at all." Sage told, motioning to the tireless staff, working their asses off to make Sookie and Jackson's wedding as perfect as possible.
"How dare you? Yes I am!" Michel said sarcastically, acting deeply offended.
"No. Now don't make me annoyed Michel, I'm very busy and frankly you aren't-" Sage was cut off by a more relaxed worker as she dragged Michel away from the hotheaded teen.
"Now Michel, I told you to stay away from teenage girls called Sage! You know they don't like you! Bad dog!" Lorelai teased and sent Michel away, rolling his brown eyes as he did so. Sage chuckled evilly when she got her way.
"So, do you know Christopher?" Lorelai shifted awkwardly.
"No, I don't think I do." Sage refused to take her gaze of the tricky work of tying a bow on the flower bouquet, many of them were also dotted around the inn's grounds.
"Rory's father." Lorelai informed and Sage's brain began working.
"Ah! Of course!"
"Well, he's coming tomorrow." Lorelai muttered, almost inaudibly.
"Cool." responded Sage.
"I just thought I'd let you know." Lorelai said, followed by a nervous laugh. Sage laughed through her nose.
"Yeah that's cool Lora." she told, giving Lorelai a reassuring smile. The whole town knew that whenever Rory's father, Christopher, turned up, Lorelai would fortuitously fall for him all over again, and it would end up messing up her life.
"Well, everything looks great!" Lorelai clapped her hands in happiness.
"Hey Sage!" Jackson appeared behind the girl and startled her.
"Jeez, Jackson! You scared me!"
"Sorry."
"Wait," Sage leaned into the man's face, "You aren't meant to be out here! You can see all the surprise decorations!" she hissed.
"Oh, crap. Oh well, I'll act surprised tomorrow. Well, I actually came down here to ask you something." Sage nodded, letting Jackson know she wanted him to carry on.
"Sookie would like you to be a guest at her bachelorette party." Sage gasped cheerfully.
"Me?!"
"Yes."
"Wow," Sage shouted ecstatically, "Wow, I'll be there! What time?"
"7:30."
"Perfect." A wide grin spread across the merry girl's face.

" A wide grin spread across the merry girl's face