xxɪᴠ. ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ

"I'M leaving to California." Jess reiterated. Sage's lips were slightly agape as she looked deep into the pools of brown in his eyes.
"Sage, please say something." Jess fidgeted.
"Jess, I'm not speaking because..." Sage paused and her face cracked, "I'm trying not to cry." Jess bit down on his lip and sniffed, cupping Sage's cheek.
"W-why?" Sage spluttered.
"Sage, I'm gonna be a high school drop out, me and Luke already had a fight, and.."
"But why California?" Sage inquired, trying hard not to let her tears take over.
"My dad lives there." Sage shook her head.
"I can't deal with this right now.." she turned away, drying her tears with her hand. Jess watched her almost leave. No. He couldn't leave it like this.
"I want you to come with me!" he shouted, and she revolved round to face him.
"What do you mean?" Jess moved up to her.
"Come with me. Sage, I-" Jess halted and Sage awaited his response.
"I think, I can love you." Sage's face softened and she suppressed a feeble smile, "So," Jess started up again, "Please, come with me."
"Jess.."
"Think of what we can do! We can visit the Golden Gate, go to Alcatraz because it's kinda gritty and that's my scene. Hell, we could even go to Disneyland because, that's something I know you'd love." Jess grinned at her, "So, what d'you say?" Sage shifted on her feet.
"I want to go with you.."
"Okay, that's-" Jess said, but Sage cut him off.
"But, my life is here, in Stars Hollow." Jess frowned, trying not to show his real emotion.
"Oh.."
"Maybe, Jess, this is where I belong, you might not, but, I do." Sage looked at the ground.
"Okay, what about just a trip with me..."
"No, Jess." Jess thought.
"We could just go to Disneyland and Alcatraz, I'll take you straight back home after.." Jess suggested.
"No, Jess."
"What about if you just met my father.."
"Jess." Sage felt a tear drop down her cheek, "I can't." Sage gazed at him as he glanced at the floor. As he looked up, for the first time, Sage watched his eyes fill.
"I'm gonna call you all the time." Jess attempted to hide his voice cracking.
"Please do."
"I'm gonna miss you so much." Jess added.
"I'm gonna miss you more." Sage sobbed. The two hadn't even realised it was pouring it down with rain. Not hesitating, Jess held up her chin and kissed her gently, the cold rain dripping down them both, soaking them. After a long while, the two pulled away, knowing that this would be the last time they shared a moment like this. Jess started to walk incredibly fast, trying to get away from her as quick as possible in hope of not crying anymore, although halfway down the sidewalk, he glanced back at her. She mouthed to him 'I love you' and he did the same. Sage broke down again as she wrapped her arms around herself. And as she walked away in the rain, she screamed internally and died inside.

SAGE tried to get his voice and face out of her mind, usher it out the door politely, but the image wouldn't budge, acting stubborn. She couldn't stop crying. She cried so hard she almost couldn't breathe. As she neared her door, she felt so vulnerable and she collapsed to the floor, the coldness of the porch wooden tiles stinging her bare legs. Recognising she had made a loud noise, it wasn't long before Sage's mother opened the door and helped her daughter inside.
"Sage, why were you on the floor? Are you okay?" Leanne questioned, rushing to the kitchen to grab a towel to dry her daughter's hair and body.
"I-I.." again the words didn't want to be spoken. And her mother's voice turned to distorted echos as she spotted him. He sat there, one foot leaning on the coffee table, and his eyes were transfixed on the television. Sage felt the anger rise inside of her and it controlled her to go over to him. Taking him by surprise, she hit him. On his cheek, leaving a red mark where her anger had displayed.
"Sage.."
"God! I hate you!" Sage screamed. She turned to her mother who wore a shocked face.
"Mom, he told Dean, that Jess cheated on Rory, with me!" Leanne fought for her breath as she looked at him through her eyelashes.
"Sage, I-"
"No!" Sage yelled, "You don't get to say anything, I hate you so much!" Darren gawked at his daughter, who was absolutely livid.
"Please let me-"
"Why were you even at a 17 year olds party anyway?" Sage confronted, "What are you a freaking pedophile?!" No words were heard from her mother although she stood with her hands on her hips.
"I-"
"So he doesn't deny it!" Sage chuckled with vexation.
"Get out. Now!" Leanne howled to Darren and he quickly scattered away, leaving all his belongings, knowing he would never return.
Sage felt the tears rising again and she fell to her knees and broke, yet again.

sorry guys :(