MEGUMI. 04

⋄

(Y/n)'s state was relatively stable now. she was still uneasy after the particular incident, but Gojo reassured and calmed the girl.

Megumi, however was left in the dark of the situation. he didn't know exactly what happened that day or the change in his best friend's form. he was clueless.

regardless, each day he'd bring (Y/n) some snacks after he got home from school. each day he'd do his homework next to her and keep her company. each night he'd sleep next to her to make sure she wasnt scared.

each night he held her hand to make sure she knew he was right next to her.

he wanted to make sure she was ok.

________________

Megumi and (Y/n) sat under the engawa with a plate of bunny shaped apples that a maid prepared them, sharing a comfortable silence.

"(Y/n), what do you want to do when you get older?"

"what do you mean?"

"like, do you know what job you want to do?"

she put a finger to her lips, " i don't know. oji-san, o-baasan, and o-jiisan always baby me. i might just become a princess."

"princesses only exist in fairytails," Megumi teased, grabbing an apple slice.

"no they don't," (Y/n) puffed. "what about you? what are you going to do?"

"... because Gojo took Tsumiki and i in, i have to work as a jujutsu sorcerer."

"like oji-san?" her eyes twinkled with excitement. she had been on a few missions with her uncle, many which he had got in trouble for, for bringing (Y/n) towards danger. but she enjoyed how cool her uncle was.

"yeah, my technique is still shabby, but it works."

"show me!"

"i'm not allowed to (Y/n)..."

"just once please???"

Megumi was trying so hard to refuse the girl's request. her teary puppy eyes and begging wasn't making it any better.

"just once, then i have to put them away," he sighed.

"yes!"

(Y/n) stood back as she watched Megumi form his hands together, casting a shadow of a wolf's head.

just then, 2 shikigamis emerged by his side, 1 black and 1 white, both with a red triangle on their heads.

"woof!"

they both barked happily as they leaped into Megumi's arms, wagging their tails and licking his face.

any child would be smiling and laughing, but Megumi in this case showed no sign of happiness or amusement.

"they're so cute! why didn't you show me sooner," (Y/n) whined. "what are they?"

both dogs left their owner's lap and darted for the white haired girl, smothering her with kisses and fur.

"they're divine dogs... they really like you."

"they're just like Mochi."

*gasp*

"Mochi come back! there's a surprise!"

"(Y/n) wait-"

Mochi immediately came back from his zoomies in the garden with a maid following behind, alerting the divine dogs. they darted towards the tiny samoyed, causing the maid to shriek.

"Fushiguro-sama! you're not allowed to summon your shikigami!"

the 3 dogs were roughly playing with one another, jumping and flipping each other. they were extremely hyper.

"oops, my bad," Megumi spoke unapologetically.

"Megumi, you'd be an amazing sorcerer," (Y/n) spoke suddenly with a small smile.

Megumi looked away, trying to hide his flustered face, "thanks."

________________

out of the blue, the young Gojo was sleeping more than usual.

instead of gaining an average of 10 hours of sleep, she'd gain 12. from 10 to 12, it quickly escalated to 14.

this carried on for 2 weeks, worrying everyone in the estate.

a doctor was summoned to check her vitals, but everything seemed normal.

Megumi continued to sleep beside the resting Gojo.

no matter how many times he called her name, she just wouldn't wake up.

she was like a sleeping beauty

_______________

Megumi felt odd. he felt like his throat was closing in. it was as if all the muscles in his neck were twisting each other and trying to make his head burst. tiny yet power pressure was applied all around his neck.

I can't breath.

Megumi was awake now as he had his hands on his throat. but what he didn't expect were another pair of hands around his neck.

his eyes shot wide open, staring at the figure above him.

there on top of him, the person he least expected, (Y/n), her hands wrapped around his neck.

she was choking him in his sleep.

__________________________________________

"if you hadn't met me, you wouldn't have to suffer."

- anon