➪FORTY

I watch as a very sexy Nicco wearing a white button up shirt, the buttons separated, as he takes a box from Hudson

I watch as a very sexy Nicco wearing a white button up shirt, the buttons separated, as he takes a box from Hudson. Hudson has on his usual darkly colored suit, his face cleanly shaven, his hair slicked back. "Uhh, thank you, I'll take that off of your hands. Is that the last of it?" Nicco asks.

"Yes. But I could get more if you'd like" Hudson says.

They still haven't noticed me, my body curled up beside the arch in the wall. I've just come from the stairs, from Nicco's room where I slept after getting back to Seattle from Savannah last night. The helicopter ride to his restaurant still gives me chills. Goosebumps spike my arms. Good ones.

"I don't think that will be needed. She may have a few complaints about what we gathered, though. I'll call you" Nicco takes the box. His muscles flex, even through his shirt I can still see them. Mmm. Sex on legs.

Hudson nods an assuring one before pressing the button to the elevator. Like always it closes. When it does Nicco turns around, planting his eyes on me. "Hey" is all he manages to say, a small smile stifling from his beautiful face. He doesn't stop, he walks towards the kitchen. As if he knows I'll follow after him.

I do. I am able to see him sit the box against the floor. "I'm guessing you have taken my key from my purse?" I raise an eyebrow as I tread closer to him. His hands scope me in, wrapping me up in a warm hug as he looks down at me.

"As an adolescent my mother taught me to never enter a woman's purse. She says it shows the upmost disrespect. It took me a few knocks to the head to understand but now I do fully" he tilts his head downwards to me "I tipped your purse over and watched as it fell out before taking it from the bed".

His words cause me to giggle as I lift my hand up, touching his chin very gently. Ugh. His hairs are prickly. "You need to shave". I pull him closer to me and he easily obliges, kissing my lips before nodding.

"Planned to do that first thing this morning but thought that getting your things here was worth better time" he pulls away and I watch as he turns, gesturing towards the box. He pulls the straps open, revealing a huge stack of books. My books.

I gasp. It's been long since I've laid my eyes on a book. Let along thought about one. My mind has been so wrapped up around Nicco and what he likes that I've started to forget about what I like. This was my entire life before him.

I bend to grab a book, a book I've read many times before. Pride and prejudice. This was a gift from my mother. I sit it against the counter and Nicco looks at it before looking back down at the box. He follows my steps and grabs a book.

"This has no label. What is this, darling?" He asks.

Oh no. I've forgotten about this one as well. It's been so long.

"It's something I've written. It's like a diary, except it's not secretive" I say. I reach for the book and he hands it to me.

"What is it about?" He asks.