Chapter 2

"Are you sure about this?" Calista asked, as she kept tossing around wondering if the plan would work. There was no way she would hurt Jeremy but he had to pay for whatever he got himself into. That is, he had to pay for breaking a five year old relationship for some useless ruthless brat from no where.

Sunny on the other hand was busy packing the useful equipments for the prank. After she was done, she turned to her, "Are you ready for this, or I should do this alone? I don't mind, if you wouldn't come along."

"Let's go," Calista said, in return while she wore the black backpack.

They both walked out of the appartment and boarded a cab.

It was a ten minutes distance and they got to his apartment some minutes past ten.

While Calista hesitated, Sunny jumped pass the low fence.

Before Sunny could question her again, she already did the same and they both got to the entrance.

She let out a deep fanning breath before looking at Sunny, "Maybe we should just go back home?"

Sunny eyes widened slowly as she shook her head in disbelief, "After we are already here?"

"Sshh. He might hear us."

They both remained quiet and they walked backwards so that it was leading them to the backyard.

There were two things, Calista was sure of. Firstly, she knew they were too smart to get caught while in that process and secondly, she knew if Jeremy gets to notice this later, she would be the number one, suspect. Of course, and she wasn't going to mind anymore.

As planned, Sunny jumped into the window after loosing some screws smoothly without any noise. She let out a slight gasp as she caught Jeremy sleeping. Signalling to Calista, she tiptoed into the bedroom.

On the other hand, Calista disagreed jumping in through the window for fear of waking him, she would have if she had forgotten where he used to keep an extra key for emergency or if eventually he lost his keys, like he was fond of.

She walked back to the front door and searched for it.

She smiled devilishly as she saw the key beneath a carton where rags were kept. She unlocked the door carefully and walked in.

It was like home. She could recall every memory of them, watching movies, playing games and gisting.

She was interrupted by Sunny's voice. She thought they had been caught and it was actually time to go to jail.

"Be quick, Calista. If we delay this, how sure are we he won't wake up sooner."

Calista disagreed, "He won't. He doesn't wake up after he falls asleep, else there is danger or anything."

Sunny grabbed the bag from her and unzipped it. She walked outside the sitting room while Calista remained.

Calista dropped some papers behind the sofa, knowing fully well that he would read it and boil up in rage. On it were either confessions or a break up message stating that she had no feelings for him at all and she had been cheating on him.

She could even imagine his feelings when he reads it. If it was from her, he wouldn't have minded but the letter had his new girlfriend's name written boadly on it. Causing confusion was one great thing she finds interesting.

It just took them a day to figure out someone to write the letters, of course while forging her writing. There were many people who had this talent and they were lucky to see one and pay one.

Surprisingly, Sunny's new boyfriend George turned out to be brother to Jeremy's new girlfriend, Meagan. So at that part, Sunny should be credited for in anyway, book-napping Meagan's book, so her handwriting could be forged.

Now, she knew it would hit Jeremy so hard, and she also knew if they both look into this well enough, they were likely to find out the culprits which would be them.

Immediately, there was a power outage. Her grin grewvwider as she instinctively, brought out a torch.

After some minutes, Sunny walked inside with curled up cheeks and a head torch, "I have damaged the circuit breaker, girl."

Hearing this, she ran to hug her bestie so tight that it was hard breathing. She let go when she noticed this immediately. "He would be awake anytime, soon."

"Yeah. Have you do away with the letters?"

She winked in response.

It was time to go with the last plan. It was going to be in his bedroom but it wouldn't be possible while he was there.

After sitting down for some minutes, Sunny groaned, "Wouldn't he wake up any moment from now?"

Calista looked at her, "He is sometimes a sleepy head."

Late, but faster than they were expecting, they heard footsteps coming nearer to them.

She looked at Sunny, "Hide here and let me go do that stuff. Put off that torch, Sunny."

Sunny nodded and tiptoed to the back of the sofa.

Just as Jeremy walked into the sitting room, Calista froze and walked slowly away from him. Thank goodness, he wasn't with a torch, their plan could have been destroyed.

No one could see in the dark, but Calista had a great feeling that he was about to take out his phone when he heard him say, "Thought it was just the room. What the hell happened?"

She tiptoed out of the sitting room into his bedroom.

She put on the torch again, and opened his wardrobe.

She knew all his favourite clothes and the ones he loved wearing often. There was a big difference between the two. His favourite clothes include, the ones he wears to big occasions, the other ones, include the ones he just wears on a normal day.

She brought them out, the same time she removed her scissors from her pocket and began to tear it into pieces, then returning them one after the other.

One would think she would start with the expensive clothes or his favourites but she started with his usual clothes. This would give him a tough time tomorrow morning and he would have no option than to put on the expensive clothes which would results to irregular eyes been on him, that is if at all she didn't destroy his favourites too.

Enjoying the sound from tearing different materials apart, her curled up cheeks curled down as she heard footsteps. She immediately, put of the torch and locked the wardrobe while grabbing her backpack and hiding beside the other side of the bed.

She heard the door creak open and close and heard the bed being bounced on.

She glanced at him from the corner and almost felt like, hugging him or telling him to forgive her already.

He sighed, "Why power outage? I don't think I would be able to sleep in this hot room."

With just that, Calista head- blamed herself for bringing this idea.

But, if he didn't cause this, there wouldn't be any issue at all right?

"So it's your fault!" She whispered, thinking he already slept.

"Calista?" Jeremy called.

Calista's eyesight became blurry instantly. Jeremy heard her and that meant, their plan just ruined and they should get ready for jail. But another word from him made her fly into confusion.

"Calista. I love you so much...I can't believe I'm doing this." He paused for a second, "I'm already going insane. I just couldn't bear the guilt anymore. Can she even forgive me?"

What was he talking about?

"It was all I had to do four months ago. I don't mean to sadden you. It wasn't my fault. Why...am I even saying this? Arrrgh!" He shouted and fell to his bed.

After about ten minutes, aware that he had already fallen asleep, she dropped another letter in the wardrobe. And opened the door slowly.

After the successful prank or plan, they finally walked out, leaving like they did nothing in particular.

But Calista was confused about what he said, all alone, there.