Chapter 5

Calista's fists clenched as she stopped herself from running back to him and apologising. Why did he have to always make jest of her? He knew she still loved him and it was hard to make him believe otherwise.

How dare he?! Her knuckles turn white from the incessant pressure she applied. Her eyes boiled in rage coupled with some traces of self-doubt. Maybe she didn't worth anything after all. Maybe she was just as hopeless as orphans out there. What even made her think she could be better than them?

She kept on tossing the dress and increasing the friction she had with her feet. Lost in her thought, she bumped into a man who looked pretty annoyed. Her gaze fell to his ruined shirt as he stopped for a while. She had made the glass  slip out of his hand and she almost wanted to curse herself but her jaw dropped in response, the man already passed by her without any rants.

"Miss, be careful next time," another man whose hovering gesture frightened her, notified.

She blinked few times before coming back to her senses. Apparently, the man who just spoke to her was gone. The way he spoke sent down some crazy chills to her spine as his words tossed through her brain. He looked like he was a bodyguard to the man whom she actually bumped into. Bodyguard or not? He was too cold and scary than every other person she had set her eyes on.

His aura was dark and freezing which made her thought he was among those men whose joy was seeing blood. That thought made her shriek.

Could there be any body as nice as the man she bumped into? He didn't even acknowledge her appearance after what she did? Unfortunately, she didn't even see his face, she was busy eyeing at the ruined shirt before he walked away.

There was nothing she could do now. Literally, she was like a complete moron who kept looking at everyone with nothing to be swept down into her dry throat. She really needed beer.

It could have been worse if anyone noticed her. But she wore some fairy-like masks to avoid being recognized.

Where the hell was Sunny?

Her gaze kept on transporting from one place to another as she searched for wherever she was. Maybe she shouldn't distract the couples. She looked other side as a man walked to her.

Though she was bored but she really didn't deserve a flirty night today. She was already feeling awkward.

The man whose gaze didn't leave her, finally got to where she was standing, "Hello beauty."

She wasn't in the mood for this.

The man went on with his blabbering. Whatever he was saying, didn't touch her ear, let alone, went through her earlobes. When he noticed this, he held her face, "I am sure, you are the one I'm talking to." His voice held authority. Looking at him, he looked like in his late twenties. He was handsome, looked rich and well nothing. There was really nothing special.

"Would you please excuse me?" Her body made a slight touch with him as she walked away from where they were, but he kept on following her.

Why would someone in his right senses behave nonsensical?

She faced back, her eyes looking directly in his, "What do you want from me?"

"A dance," he said. His voice was thick that she could imagine it being sliced.

She glared at his stretched hand, "Sorry, I'm not interested."

She walked through the crowd, heading outside. A few minutes ago, she could hardly breathe out because of the man's presence. She instinctively, looked back and shrieked as she saw the man with a wide grin. Was he deaf or something? She wasn't interested and that was final.

Her hips swayed seductively as she focused her eyes on the entrance. The only thing in her brain was to get out from his sight.

The fresh breeze outside calmed her nerve. It was even more blissful when she didn't see the man trailing her the other time. There were many other people outside, chit chatting, smiling, arrgh  some were romancing. All these made her boil. She needed to go home already. Seeing Jeremy had done more harm to her, she couldn't believe the person who she planned to hide from, just met her from no where. He...he even held her arms. Jeremy, was just someone she couldn't understand anymore. Why was he treating her this way?

She saw George's car from a corner and planned to rest there. Like she knew this would happen, she had borrowed his key, and promised to return it before the party ends.

Just when she was about to proceed to the car. She felt a huge body, push his to hers. Her eyes widened as she saw it was the same man. She pushed him away but he was too strong that he held her both hands backwards and tied her. What was he doing? Was she going to be kidnapped?

" Somebody, help please," she screamed as the man pushed her to the other side of an unknown car. That side was darker as the lights didn't cover the area. She could barely see his face anymore.

The man held her face with lots of pressure and whispered in her right ear, "Save your energy yet, no one would hear you scream."

He was right. Everyone was busy having fun. The music in the background was too loud and people wouldn't even care about anyone.

His hands touched her mid-thigh. She felt like he was actually touching her veins. His hands moved upwards, to her waist and then to her breasts.

"Let me go!" She shouted. This time with anger and disgust. She had had no idea of his motive. But now, she could tell what he wanted from her.

His breath prickled down her face and he spoke gently, "You are sexy." His hands went to the ribbon at her back, she gasped as he ripped it off in a second.

After mustering up the courage, she kicked his groin and he groaned in pain.

Relieved that she could escape, she ran away while trying to loosen the rope on her hands. She had almost gotten to the other side of the car before he dragged her and pushed her back.

She swore to see her vision turn white as her head hit the glass. "I love bold and sexy too," he said.

Before she could even think, he ripped off her dress from her chest to her waist, showing only her bra. She couldn't think of what to do as tears fell. This man was huge and strong. She could barely move when he held her by her neck.

The fact that she was naked was terrifying to her. Never had she been naked in a man's face. Never had she, and this man was breaking her rules easily.

"You shouldn't have refused when I requested for a dance. You could have made it quite late and slow. But... you refused me. No one had ever thought of that." He touched her shoulder gently and crawl his hands to her bare back again. This time, his fingernails were over ready to unhook whatever, "I have never raped anyone. I would take it easy, to the extent you would plead for more."

She looked at the way his fingers walked on her skin, before she could try to kick him again, he elbowed her stomach which made her groaned in pain.

The pain hurt like hell, it was like she had lost her energy in a second. "Please....please, I.. would dance with you, I promise."

"That was long gone. You turned me on already," when he finally unhook her bra, another round of tears crawled down her cheeks.

"Perky and ...round." His hands stylishly rubbed her skin, "soft."

The next thing she witnessed was unexpected. It was preceeding by a sudden slash.

Her voice thundered in fear as she gazed at the man before her. Only his body was standing without a head. Blood gushed out of his neck and her vision became blurry before she fell to the ground.