Chapter 12

"Lucille!"

Lucille's head turned to see Rahmiel glaring at her. She was stiff and didn't know what to do that instant. Her body had remained still and she could feel that all her bones had shifted to another body. How was he here?! "Why are you glaring at me? I told you I was going to kill her. Why did you stop me?"

"Lucille..." She saw the way his muscles protruded at the mention of her name, he gritted his teeth as if he was blocking any air from passing through and she still couldn't believe how he was able to mention her name clearly that way. She could swear that this wasn't the man she had been mating with, "I told you not to talk to her let alone, touch her?!" He finished.

But she wasn't going to listen to any warnings. She had seen how he looked at her and she knew there was something going on between both of them but she was just unable to spot out what it was and who the human girl was. "Rahmiel, that is none of your business. You had no right to interfer. You made her go easily. How could that happen? I know who you are, you would have sucked her dry and left her helpless but now you are even against me because of that freaking being?"

The next thing that happened wasn't what she expected. His hand landed on her neck and he squeezed it tightly, his eyes were growing large and firm and she could see the burning flame in them. His claws were around her neck just like what she was doing back then to the human girl, but his hold was strong and even worse, she felt that this man was becoming something no one would be able to handle anymore. This man was at her control before but why this and now? "That girl isn't someone you should fight with, Lucille. She is more powerful than you could think of and I won't hesitate to strike you down even if you attempt to harm her. This is my last warning," he cautioned.

He released his hold on her neck and disappeared. He was like a wind that blows in and blows out after causing a huge destruction.

Even though his engagement with her had no strings attached, she had truly developed affection for him. She even thought he also had developed a thing for her until the girl appeared from no where.

Her father tricked her into an engagement with Rahmiel just before she knew him. She knew her father needed more allies to gain power over some kingdoms, even though her father was previously a Duke, the story of how he achieved his present state as a king wasn't something people didn't know. They feared her father and as a result, they feared her too. About this Rahmiel she was engaged to, sometimes, she thought she could control him and sometimes she was able to do. But she knew something was wrong with him. There was something dead in him that was waking up gradually and she knew that thing might be so hard to control after it finally nurtures.

Many years ago, there was a rumour about a powerful beast who died and woke up back and from that day on became weak, she learnt from others that the rumour was real and it was the same man she was engaged to. At first she doubted, she couldn't believe her father knew this and gave her to a beast but when she learnt that he wasn't who he was anymore. She was calm. Things were smooth between them, Rahmiel never acted strange until some months ago. When he came into the human realm. She didn't know why he did but she also followed him.

She hated how humans behave and how weak they were. But she had to endure it and lower her blood thirst, because there in the vampire realm, humans were pets and slaves and they fed their blood still they die, but the fact that they were in the human realm, they were overshadowed by humans and it was almost impossible to go against them whilst they try to pretend they were human.

***

"Calista!"

"Sunny. How did you get here and..." her voice became softer when her eyes landed on Jeremy, "and why is he here?"

Jeremy could just breathe well after many breathless minutes. He had almost killed himself thinking that man would have hurt her but apparently he didn't.

Sunny glanced at Jeremy and focused her gaze on Calista, "So this is where you are studying with your friend?"

Calista let out a tight but wry smile before she pouted, "I'm really sorry. But how did you know I was here. Where is this place?"

"I should be the one asking you that, Calista. How did you get here?"

Jeremy kept quiet as the two friends went on with their conversation. At a point he was really sad that Calista didn't even say anything to him but his sadness disappeared as his eyes went to her neck. It was dark though but he could see it. He could see clearly and he knew where the mark on her neck came from. He abruptly stopped the two friends and held Calista, "Who did this to you?" He touched the tiny but long cut on her neck and Sunny stared at it too, confused.

Calista almost froze as she felt his skin against hers. Why was he still concerned about her? Though she recalled that he had told her he still loves her but she wasn't dumb to accept him back. Only dumb people accept those that had broken their heart into pieces. She removed his hands away from her neck and blurted, "It's none of your business."

But it was Sunny's turn to interrupt, "Calista, tell me. That cut looks quite deep, are you okay?"

"Yes, I am. It was just a scratch."

Sunny didn't believe what she said but she just nodded. She knew Calista might not want to discuss what happened to her while Jeremy was here, so she didn't ask any further.

After some minutes of continuous walking, Sunny heard Calista groan in pain. She stopped on her tracks, "What's wrong?"

"Are...you okay?" Jeremy asked, concerned. He was standing too close to Calista that sunny had to glare at him to stay away but another yell from Calista made Jeremy hold her at her arm, "What's wrong?"

Calista couldn't tell what she was feeling. She knew that the other time that lady almost strangled her, she couldn't feel herself but when she released her, the pain subsided even though there were some drops of blood until now, she felt like somehow her neck was about to get off her. The image of the man that almost raped her in the party flashed through her brain and she winced. Apart from that, there was a sudden cold steam around her neck and she felt like something was pulling her into the ground. "I can't move."