Chapter 20

'Why does he look so beautiful and historical? What the hell is with that cloth he is wearing? Don't tell me my manager talk with cosplayers?' she thought.

Calista looked at the man with the white hair as they both walked outside from the building. She oddly felt comfortable with him, she wondered why. Other than seeing him in the bar and today at the top of a roof, she was really sure that she had never set her eyes on him but why was he looking too familiar?

And contrasting to the feeling, something beneath her heart was telling her otherwise. Sometimes, she wondered if she should stay away from this dangerously looking man but how would she when he was close to her manager?

She looked at the man standing beside her as they waited for a cab at the middle of the night or was it early in the morning? She couldn't decipher which was which but she felt something strange with her. She felt her head had turned blank and she was forgetting something she wasn't supposed to forget about. Still anxious, she asked, "Did I forget something at the company?"

Ramiel looked at her, confused but then quickly uttered, "Maybe, perhaps what do you think?"

"I...I think I forgot my bag," She immediately said when she noticed that her bag wasn't with her, even her phone. She twitched her eyebrows trying to team where she could have left her phone, her phone was the most important.

"Right. When the manager came to inform, he had said that you had a fight with our colleague, you must have dropped your bag somewhere."

Calista was still doubting if she truly could have a fight with Sunny to the extent of running mad as such. She looked around, everywhere was strange.

Though there were a few streetlights which should be able to light up the streets and the main roads, she found it hard to recognise the street.

The company that she and Sunny were about to sign up for the endorsement was just situated the next street from where they live and she had gone there many times to not know how the streets looked like even in the dark. Only then did her head remembered that they did not need to board a cab when her house was just a few distance from the company.

By now, they had waited for a cab and none had passed, she got more confused and stared and asked the man, "Why are we waiting?"

Ramiel replied without looking at her, "To board a cab, have you forgotten, Miss Johnson?"

Calista smiled, her brain already adjusting to the sign of danger around her. She waited for a second thinking of what she could ask so as to let this man put off his feign veil. "A cab to where?"

"To your house." He replied again, his face not turning for a second to look at her and then in a minute, he felt a soft hand pulling his arms and then he slowly turned around to look at a fiesty face glaring at him. This made him remember the time she had put him into a confinement only to suck out his demonic powers. And now, the same woman was here pulling himself to her as if they weren't deeply enemies. "What are you trying to do?"

She looked around her and flipped her hair backwards, "I was right, you are not any closer to my Manager. Tell me, who are you?" She stared at him as if she were holding a pistol and could pull the trigger when in reality there was nothing she could do.

He looked at her in keen amusement but then dragged off her hands from his arm in a very annoying manner, "Now that you know, what do you intend to do?" He didn't for once think of what to do to persuade her to believe. He just couldn't keep it anylonger by staring at her.

She annoyed him more than anything and at the same time she was enticing. Her body smelled in some way that made him want to suck her dry but he knew that if she injure her, he would be doing that to himself too.

"How did I get here? Don't tell me that other place wasn't the company?" She questioned. She had not thought of it previously. How couldn't she have recognised that that wasn't the company? "Where is Sunny? How do you even know her? How do you know me?"

"Just keep quiet and let me help you find a car to your house," he said, nonchalantly.

"What did you to me?" She asked again. Her memory was slowly recovering, nothing much but she recalled that this man had hugged her so tight. She was in his arms before she suddenly see herself on the rooftop.

He smirked, "what do you expect me to do to you?"