Chapter 11

After thinking for a lengthy minute, Jeremy stared at her, "Sunny. There is only one option in my head right now, but before I can put it down to you, you need to keep a secret."

"A secret?"

He raised his head higher this time and stared at her. He knew who she was and telling her something he had in mind would worsen things. It would really. It was better he kept everything to himself yet. They were not ready to know. "Don't worry. Never mind."

Sunny jotted up as if she was being struck by lightening, "What did you just say?" She questioned. Her muscles already building up.

"I said it's nothing."

Sunny walked closer to him and before he could react by her sudden proximity she already punched him in his cheek so hard that he spat out blood. "Are you here to play me like you did to my best friend?" She shouted, her anger raging through her inside to the extent she felt it might crawl away from her mouth literally. "Do you have to be such a jerk? I can't believe this." She rubbed her hair and tried calming herself down, "How did she even get hypnotised by you at the first place? Is she that blind. Ah...I see. We were both blind."

"Sunny. You both can't understand this yet. I'm so sorry. But I think she might be in danger and I think I know just where she might be."

Sunny gasped in surprised. "You think and you keep us sitting here all these while? What if something had or happens to her?"

"Just trust me this one time. I would never let that happen again."

***
Calista woke up with a heavy bang she felt in her head. She was instantly weakened when she tried to stand up from the dangerously soft bed she saw herself in. Wait where was she?

How did she get here?

When she was about to open the door, a lady walked in carefully and bowed before her.

She was more than confused. Who was she and why would she bow to her like that. The lady looked like those maids who served rich people in TV shows and movies. She was dressed in a beautiful uniform and her hair was packed into a ponytail. And again, she looked really beautiful.

She tried to remember what transpired yesterday but the heavy bangs that seemed to be forgotten rose to its heel again.

She stared at the lady, "Where is this place and who are you?"

Instead of replying her, the maid opened the door and gestured to her which surprisingly, she knew what she meant.

She followed her and both of them walked through many corridors. Still, she was confused and was even more confused when she saw a lots of maids hanging around one place or the other. Could this be a beer party? Maybe it wasn't but she knew certain well that she drank alcohol last night.
Something she shouldn't have.

Alcohol in her body was like a poison that instead of killing, endangers her and keeps her forever intoxicated. There was this invisible pull she knew the bottles of alcohol did to her. She decided to stop and ask where they were going to. She felt like they had been walking for the past three minutes and was foolishly following the lead of a dumb maid. "Who are you guys and where am I?

She could swear that she almost see the maid's lips twitched for words but she withdrew.

When she was about to ask for the third time, she immediately froze as she saw a lady walk to her.

Where was she and who was this angel walking towards her? She kept asking herself different questions until the lady got to where they were. Immediately the woman came, the maid nodded and walked away. It was so swift and cool. She somehow felt this woman must be the owner of where she was. But how did she get here?

"Good morning, miss. I'm Lucille and what's your name?"

"Calista. It's Calista."

"You must have been wondering  how you got here. Well my driver is somewhat a Samaritan who requested to take you along with me for some shelter. You were really gone when we saw you," the woman replied her and she only could just nod like an agama lizard. She was beyond ashamed. What would have happened if they hadn't helped her? She could imagine how worse her situation could have been. What if she was kidnapped or raped or trafficked or something even worse?

"Thanks Ma'am you are really godsent."

They kept walking until Calista felt they were actually outside the large house. Though it was still dark outside she knew she couldn't persist to stay any longer. Sunny would eat her up when she sees her. It was even surprising how the inner house looked really bright. One would have thought it was noon when she knew it was just dawn.

"You can go now." The woman said to her after she had led her outside the gate.

Calista couldn't ask for more. It was a bit dark and she didn't know where this place was, at the same time she couldn't tell them to let her stay still everywhere was bright and she could see. She even couldn't tell them to give her a drive to where they saw her. She just kept quiet and thanked the woman who she knew to be Lucille.

A woman of God's heart.

"Take care," she said.

"Thanks Ma'am." She replied and walked some metres away from her before she halted.

What if she tells Sunny to inform George to come pick her? She could get the address from the few people roaming about.

Wait... her phone? Where did she put that hell?

She wasn't sure if she lost it earlier before the woman and her Driver helped her or she left it at the woman's house. But she could ask from her right?

When she turned back, she saw the woman waiting behind her and she was shocked and surprised all the same. "I'm sorry ma. Please ma, can you..." Before she could complete her sentence she felt a strong hand around her neck.

"Who are you?" She heard the woman's voice just behind her. How was she so fast? She was just standing before her right now.

"I'm Calista. I...I don't know what you are doing."

"I just wanted to finish you outside here, right now." She paused and laughed sarcastically like she was surprised of her own words or how it sounded. "I just want to watch you till the very last blood of you drain out."

Those words seemed not to stuck into Calista's brain. They sounded like some rehearsed lines for movie roles or something. "Did I do anything wrong? I swear I didn't. I don't know you. I can't hurt anyone."

"That is it." She proclaimed. "You can't hurt anyone but I can." With the last word, her grip tightened on her neck and she could feel something sharp piercing through her neck. She didn't understand why she was unable to retaliate or fight. It was unexplainable and every word from the woman behind her dug some holes into her brain. She felt like she had been hypnotised or worse.

Calista didn't know what to say. She was awestruck and she could only struggle to free herself from the masculine hold. Her hold was nothing like a feminine own and she could imagine how many times she had entered the gym.

Why the hell was she thinking of this when her life was in danger? What could she do otherwise?

What she could only do was try to release the pressure from her neck. She could feel the hot liquids rolling down her neck. The sweat and blood were good companions sometimes.

"And...there would not be..." The woman holding her neck became stiff in a sudden and just with a blink of an eye, Calista she saw her body hit the floor. Her eyes rolled up and she couldn't see the woman anymore. What just happened?

Why had she been experiencing nothing but bizarre things?

Why her?!