Chapter 14

"Jeremy, let me be I said I'm bloody okay!" Calista screamed out when she felt that Jeremy did not want to let her go.

Jeremy's hand hesitantly slid away from hers. His heart was beating about what he knew was going to happen. This wasn't the time for her to change. It remained three days for her and ...and just like the prophecy once it happens after the three days she would gain different memories that were not her own. "Calista, are you fine?"

Calista looked at Jeremy who was staring at her, she looked like in a second she could snap her hands on his neck and kill him abruptly. He could have laughed at the way her anger had made her become, he could have laughed at her if they hadn't gotten separated. He could have laughed at her if, she was still in love with him like before.

"Do I look like I am not okay? You are the one who needs a check-up." She paused, her eyes closing up and fluttering open, "I told you that we can't get back together. Every act of yours would just bleed into hell."

"You need to learn how to control your anger, Calista. It can destroy many things."

Hearing what he said, Calista ignored but her eyes instinctively widened as she looked at the environment they were now in. "What? Wait...where is Sunny? How...how did we get here?" Her eyes rolled up and down again. Though the cloud was a bit bright, everywhere remained ink black as if they were in space. All she could see was thick bushes surrounding the whole place. She just couldn't imagine how she got here. The only thing she remembered was Jeremy holding tight to her and sending Sunny away.

"This is where you are supposed to be at this time. Being somewhere other than here would raise suspicions and may destroy something beyond imagination."

Calista blinked frequently as she stared at Jeremy, "Jeremy? What...What happened to your hair?"

Jeremy stared back at her but still left out the blank expression that was rarely on his face, "My hair?" His fingers grazed his hair, "What do you notice?"

"Your hair....it is ..." The words stuck in her mouth, just this second she couldn't find the reason to explain as there was another strange thing, "Your eyes..."

"What?" Jeremy asked, confused. It shouldn't be what he was thinking of. It couldn't be that he was also going through the transition.

"Your eyes and your hair. Are red. The...the colour of the blood." She shook as she tried to decrease her proximity to him. "You...what are...are you okay?"

Could he be? He questioned himself. He couldn't even tell if she was genuinely concerned about him or she was just frightened. "I will explain later. You need to give me a moment, please." He said but his last word sounded more like a growl. A severe pain panged through his entire body, and his eyes rolled down as he tried to bite in his groan, "I...I will be fine, just give me some moment. I need to fix something."

"You what?" Calista's voice was filled with worry and a mixture of fury.

Jeremy's groan went louder as if he was being tortured with swords. He felt like his skin was tearing, it felt like his skin was tearing into pieces. It wasn't the first time this was happening but it didn't come with this hectic pain. The transitioning never came suddenly without him being unable to control it.

Why was this happening to him? And why was it even in the presence of Calista?

Calista walked further away from him, her legs unknowingly walking backward, towards a very dark thick bush, "Your chin. They... It is, it is getting thinner." She stated again, this time the fury that was present in her voice seemed to have dissipated like an ocean before a storm. A loud gasp escaped from her mouth as she watched Jeremy's body shaking rigorously, rough hair began to grow on his skin. The hair was thicker than the normal one she knew to grow on one's skin, even thicker than the one that grows on one's head.

Slowly, her leg began to walk backwards while his groaning increased.

"Don't... don't go into that bush, Elsa!" He growled.

Calista's face shook in fear. No...this shouldn't be what she was thinking. Was Jeremy becoming something else?

His skin was rapidly burning black as his groan grew, this time he wasn't groaning in pain, his groaning was as a result of the girl before him. The girl was venturing into the thick forest.

He couldn't go near her. It was almost impossible. At the same time he couldn't let her go near the bush, it was devilishly dangerous. Why hadn't he taken her to a safer place instead? Why hadn't he taken her to many metres before the deadly bush?

All the things, he never wanted to happen had began to showcase themselves. That was the reason he was trying to limit his distance. Any misstep, he could angrily launch on her and tear her apart. He shook his head. No. That was never going to happen!

Why did it look like he was the one going into the transition Elsa was supposed to go through?

"No!"  Calista screamed as Jeremy steadily turned into a large creature. The creature was so huge and it looked like it could fling her away in one second. "Jeremy!" She called, "Please, please come back. Beast! Where the hell did you take him to?" Tears were flowing down her eyes, "Did...did you swallow... eat him?!"

It was too terrifying.

She had wanted to run to hug Jeremy when he started groaning in pain, even though she didn't understand why, but he looked like he would tear her up into shreds if she moves a step towards him.

She smoothly watched how his skin tore into shreds and how thick furs errupted from his body.

Even though it was so dark. She still could see and feel every inch of the pain he was going through.

The more screams he brought out from his deepest soul made her scream also.

No!

She was dreaming?!

Werewolves couldn't possibly exist.

They were just fiction.

Jeremy... Jeremy just couldn't be one.

She knew him more than anyone.

But the question is, did she know him more than he knows himself?

Of course, the answer to the question was very obvious.

She had not known she was moving backwards as a result of the shock, until she suddenly felt that she misplaced her footstep and a sudden wave drew her back, pulling her down to somewhere she couldn't even think of. She felt as though she was falling into a black hole. The difference was that it wasn't just black, it looked like it was just the direct entry of hell.

This couldn't be real!