Chapter 13

"What- what do you mean by you can't move?" Jeremy was the one to ask her. He was scared of the face she was making. In his mind, rapid things were going on which even include rape. What if the man had raped her and...God! Why was he even thinking to that extent?

Sunny drew breaths of calmness as she tried not to panic. She could see that Calista wasn't even able to lift any of her limbs. "Okay, Caly, do you feel any pain? Is it your joint or your sole?"

"I think I can, now." She slowly moved one of her legs and the other but the freezing sensation was still there on her neck. She just didn't want to trouble both of them, especially Jeremy who seemed to be the most troubled one.

Sunny still didn't move, she was deadly concerned, "You still owe me an explanation you dumbass!" Sunny blurted as she tried controlling herself, at the same time wondering if she could truly move.

"I...I am cold," Calista whispered slowly, enough for them to hear. "Help me...I'm...my head is about to..."

Despite the still dark time, the trio was still. They behaved like they had nothing to do as they waited, a few people who were passing by, stopped for a second to look at their dramatic display but when nothing stranger happened, they minded their own business. Sunny seemed to be the only one annoyed. She wanted to kick the other buttocks and tell them to mind their business but she was unable to do so. And seeing the way Calista was behaving, the thoughts flew away from her head like a just turned butterfly.

Sunny was still behaving weirdly. For her, she felt like the more she talked, the more energy seemed to be exhausted. Her eyes felt heavy as the pain in her neck gradually wades off slowly. She felt like there was something cold out near her neck to ease the pain but she didn't want to bother to know what it was she had no energy to bother.

Jeremy's eyes widened as she saw her expression, immediately he held her something tangible pushed him away and he landed some metres away from them. Sunny looked terrified as she stared at Jeremy, her eyes were back to that of Calista. "Calista, are...are you alright? What just happened? Did you push him away? How did you acquire such strength in..." she rushed all her words together trying to decipher what just happened.

When Sunny was about to get close to Calista, she saw how her eyes moved toward her and it only took a few seconds for her to notice what she was about to do. As if in a dream, Sunny felt her body land on the heavy ground.

Sunny couldn't explain what happened. She didn't know how she was sitting on the bare ground. Everything seemed shocking as she couldn't stop looking at Sunny. Some minutes ago, Sunny had already seen the way the cut on her neck immediately healed. It felt like there was some cold tiny smoke that resembled that of snowflakes rubbing through her injured skin. She didn't believe that and she previously thought she was hallucinating. But seeing her eyes turned white as she faced her, Sunny remained dumb before she felt a heavy cold wind push her back to the back. She was thinking about how it happened. How she questioned her, how she stared at her, how icing heavy winds blew her off to the ground she was laying on.

Jeremy had already stood up, and Sunny trembled. She glanced at him and thought she wasn't the only one who was feeling strange, but a glance at him again made her think Jeremy was even the least scared. Like he wasn't surprised by what was happening.

"Sunny. Go home, now," Jeremy ordered. His voice was soft yet firm as his gaze didn't leave Sunny. Sunny shook her head in approval. She wasn't going to leave behind her best friend. Though she was scared, she knew she needed help. "Don't let me warn you again!"

The new version of Jeremy didn't seem to go well with Sunny as she felt that Jeremy had no rise to oppose whatever decision she made. She was Sunny's best friend and Jeremy was her ex. If anyone could be an ex, it meant they were enemies. What would happen if she ran and leave Calista behind. As if she gathered all her strength, she immediately landed Jeremy's a dirty slap as her voice trembled, "Don't tell me what to do, you Psycho!"

But Sunny's head subconsciously jotted back as she felt Jeremy's anger. Never had he seen someone as angry as he was. Sunny still wasn't sure what was happening to Calista and Jeremy, but when he saw a sudden change in Jeremy's eye colour and small liquid oozing out of Calista's feet, she didn't know what to do but to walk away. Her palms were clogged at her chest as she walked backwards, shaking her head vehemently as she couldn't believe what was happening.

There was something wrong and she knew that there was something wrong with the two ex-lovers. Something terrible. Before she turned her back to them, a tear dropped from her eyes as she saw Jeremy hug her. She didn't know what happen anymore as she ran with fear and anger buzzing out of her. For no reason, she had a flashback of Jeremy asking her if she could keep a secret.

Was that the secret?