Chapter 3

Calista groaned as they heard several knocks. Who was it? It was only 6am and it was still too early.

Too early?

Lecture would be starting by 8:00am.

Calista's eyes flickered open like she was struck by a truck of realisation. She threw away the duvet and tapped Sunny legs.

"Sunny!" She called. When she didn't reply, she groaned for the third time.

She wasn't new to Sunny's sleeping habit but she didn't want to get used to it. The only the thing that could wake her is when you pour her a heavy bucket filled with water, be it warm or ice, and end up mopping the floor, sleeping on the floor for a few days to keep the mattress dry.

Though that was an exaggeration, she sure knew if Sunny didn't wake up herself, it actually meant she needed water sprinkles. Sometimes, she wondered if her best friend just intentionally enjoyed troubling her.

Another noise was coming from the door, and she walked towards it. She unlocked it and almost banged the door immediately before a heavy hands blocked it.

What was he looking for? Did he find out that, she was responsible?

Looking at his face, he could tell that, he didn't sleep tight and he woke up at the wrong side of the bed. The pity for him in his mind, vanished when she recalled that it was the same guy, who caused her sleepless nights.

Jeremy's eyes rolled up and down in suspicion, "Were you here at my house last night?"

She wasn't good at lying, but for Jeremy, he worth being lie-fed multiple times. " No." She replied, but it sounded awkward. Her voice sounded like rough water being poured on a rough solid. With only one word, she could imagine him staring directly at her heart and spotting her lies.

Jeremy's hands went into his pockets and he cursed inwardly. "You are terrible at lying. Just admit it and I would leave you and never disturb you again."

Her mind trembled when she heard what he just said. What did he mean by leaving her?

She hissed and guide her waist with her hand so that the other was holding the door in a dramatic way, "Jeremy, you know you could be sued for false allegations?"

He cut her short, "No, I won't because I know you were at my house, last night. You damaged everything and intend to cause quarrel between Meagan and I? You could have done something better."

She was shocked. How had he known all these? She knew they would be suspect but she couldn't believe he could bodly accuse her.

Did their trust trail off slowly?

Where was the Jeremy he knew?

Sunny who had been listening to their discussion, walked towards the door. She pushed her body towards her so that Calista could at least give her space to see him.

Sunny stared at Jeremy with hatred and turned her gaze back to Calista, "What's this dude doing here?"

"This dumbass is accusing me of burglary," Calista replied, with a smirk. She was happy that Sunny was here to help her stay strong. Sunny knew, she was hopeless and head over heels for Jeremy and her brain could have been easily deceived.

"You broke up with her yourself. So keep your distance and stop cheating on your new girlfriend."

Jeremy's eyes turned white as snow. Calista knew it happens when he is embarrassed or frustrated. She made a gesture for Sunny to excuse them and she did with a crazy glare.

Calista knew what the glare meant. Don't be too soft!

"So, when would you be going? Right now? Thank you." She was about to turn around before he held her arms. She looked back at him in shock.

He looked at her arms and immediately released it. "Calista. I hope we don't turn enemies."

"Who is talking about enemies? You are out of my life and that is final. I don't want to set my eyes on you. I can't believe you cheated on me all these while. You turned me into a fool by your frequent love alarms while you kept on deceiving me and you are thinking of we..." She pointed at herself then him, "going back to the friend zone? We are enemies and that is final!"

Jeremy's hands began to tremble. He didn't know what to say or do. He could see her ocean tears and he hated himself that he could do nothing.

It wasn't his fault and neither was it hers. She never did something that could make him cheat on her. He loved her and he could see the same love in her eyes but it wasn't possible.

It would be really complicated if they went on with their relationship. It could cause great damages to the extent that one or both could lose their lives. He wasn't ready to lose hers.

And there was no way, she could know the secret he had been keeping for the past four months. Not only the four months, and the previous months.

After fighting the urge of hugging her, he removed the tissues from his pocket. "Take this."

She collected it and blew her nose. When she was down, she threw it to him and banged the door.

Jeremy eyes grew in disgust as he removed the tissue that was stuck on his chest.

There was no way, he could hide everything any longer. It was getting stronger by the day and she needed to know everything. But it wasn't easy. He just couldn't do things like that. She hadn't even met the man in question.

He hoped she would come to the birthday party.

He also thought he needed a back up plan to be sure, the man doesn't play smart. Concerning Calista, he would do anything for her. Even though it meant punishing himself by not being friends with her, he would do anything to save her. And gaining her trust back would be something easy to do later.

As for the man.

He had zero idea what he could be planning now against Calista.

Whatever it was, he didn't care loosing his life, just to protect her.

"Calista. I hope you just give me a little time," he inwardly said and walked away

But somehow, he would punish Sunny for all the pranks they did last night. Sunny was a bad influence, he knew that.

And she could be a weapon used by the man.

Calista, should be careful.