Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Rahmiel was quick to hold her before she fell. He couldn't believe he was doing this. He was actually helping this enemy of his.

What if at the same time, she wasn't the one? She didn't look cruel or wicked. He had been spying on her and he didn't observe anything.

But the dagger in his pocket kept emitting light that she was the one. The one he had been longing for. The one he had been longing to use. His one and only enemy he needed to deal with before facing the other enemies, as there was no way he could face them if he didn't overcome the one in his hands.

Now, she was here, lying perfectly in his hands. If she actually was the one, she wouldn't have even talked to him at the first place. She could have put up a fight or something.

He had known this woman for some time now, her plans were perfectly plotted. He would act the same too. He would act like he didn't know who she truly was.

He carried her in his arms in a princess style and walked carefully, trying to ensure she doesn't wake up nor get hurt.

He wondered on how he would take her home. He didn't even know where she lived but he could take her to his house just for the night. It was even a good idea because that way, he would be able to study her.

It was hard getting used to the modern vehicles, he didn't even own one. And modern vehicles move too slower than a tortoise. He wouldn't go through that when there was a better means. The only problem he might be having was been exposed. He wasn't sure if the person on his arms was the real enemy. What if she was a human and she immediately woke up? How would he explain?

Though, he could leave her somewhere and allow her wake up herself but she might get hurt. He wasn't concerned about it, he was just concerned that if she was hurt, it would disturb him and he hated that fact.

He held her with his right arm, and put off his cloak with his second hand. He wrapped her with it and carried her gently in his arm. That would prevent her from the harsh weather.

He stared at her for the last time, then leap through the roofs.

***

The guards were surprised to see the prince holding unto a lady in a protective way.

Who was she and why was she asleep in his arms?

"Get the guest room ready," he said as he walked slowly into the large compound.

Some maids who heard him hurriedly ran inside to get the room ready. They were scared at the same time and didn't want to annoy the prince. They knew if that happened, everyone of them could just die in a blink of an eye.

About six to ten arranged the room and immediately they were done, Rahmiel slowly walked in and laid her comfortable in the bed.

He noticed the weird glances but none of it bothered him. After some minutes, he stared at the maids one after the other, "When she wakes up tomorrow morning, send her away, immediately."

The maids were a bit confused but they dared say nothing. How could the prince bring someone home and demand on sending her away the next morning?

Was she just an ordinary girl whom the prince fed on and thought of protecting for some while? They didn't know what to think as they slowly nodded.

"Never utter any word to her," he said. This time, the hair nearest to his ear stood upright, like it was being pulled to a different angle.

A maid came in, "Your highness, Miss Lucille is here."

His expression turned cold but he couldn't help but still keep calm, "I don't want to see anyone."

The maid's eyes widened as she instinctively brought her head up, "Your...highness, she said it's important and she killed some guards because they didn't let her in."

His expression was blank as he walked out from the room, only to be stopped by a lady.

She was on a bright green dress which made less effort to reach her midthigh. Her long curly blonde hair made less contrast with her pale skin but other features of her were gorgeous."Rahmiel..." She called and glared at the maids. Before Rahmiel, could even talk, the maids walked out to give them privacy.

"Lucile. I don't have time for your dramatic scenes, I'm tired," he said as he made gestures to move but she was quick to get in his way.

"I'm not moving until you tell me who that girl lying there is," she said as she narrowed her eyes with her chin pointing to the sleeping lady.

Rahmiel's face remained still, "This is my house, I have right to bring whosoever."

"Really?" Lucille asked, her feet already walking to the bed before Rahmiel stood in front of her. "Really? Rahmiel? What is a human doing here? A lady in fact."

"Don't even think of coming close to her, let alone harm her." His eyes turned into flames before he could have a single control of himself.

Lucille knew what was happening. She was shocked to see how he reacted just because she wanted to go close to her. Who could she be? "See who is becoming protective?"

"She is the woman I love. So don't even think of hurting her, else you want your head ripped off," he snapped.

Lucille faked a chuckle before touching his chest, "You and I know it is forbidden to mate with a human. You are a vampire, so why would I bother about the useless woman?"

All she was doing was to note his every reaction. Including the way his pupil dilated, the way his aura grew cold and the way his fangs slowly appeared beneath his upper lip. He was purely overreacting. Could it be that he had developed any affection towards her?

"I don't follow principles."

Lucille cocked her eyebrows, "Okay...well, I see how cold you are now, mind if I lighten the mood?"

She seductively traced her fingers across his chest then to his face but was shocked as he held her hand, "Don't dare."

Her gaze instinctively went to the woman, "You and I know, nothing can come in between us. I'm your fiancee." She glared at him, "Not even that human. You know what I'm capable of doing right?"

Rahmiel was tired of her nagging that he could almost gnash his teeth right in front of her. The thought of using the lady as a bait to let Lucille finally give up was just to no avail, infact, it just increased the danger lurking around her. "Get lost."

His sudden short reply took Lucile to the highest form of unawareness. How dare he? He knew what she was capable of doing right? She was in control and Rahmiel was just like a toy beneath her, still he had the gut to behave such way?

She watched him walk away and had no choice than to walk to the woman in the bed. Who was she and why was Rahmiel protecting her?

She stared at her face trying to ignite whatever secret it is that had been covered. She wanted to know everything. But this woman was just a mere human. It was even the first time seeing her. Moreover, she could feel that there was nothing special about her. She knew that for an ordinary human to gain a Vampire's love, it meant there was something really powerful in her. But this woman lying there was just like a blank reflector, she couldn't see anything.

She cut her gaze and walked out of the room, there was something really important to discuss to Rahmiel. Something other than her.