Chapter 19

Lucille walked back to her place. Her place wasn't as big as Ramiel's palace but she had a lot of maids and it looked like a palace in its own way. Her father who was formerly known as a duke had lots of wealth and had found a suitable place for her to stay while in the human realm. And marrying Ramiel was one of the means of being the richest vampire in the entire clan. She could no let any useless human from no where destroy her wish that she had planned.

She recalled what Xavier said, 'He won't hesitate to tear you apart if your hand touch even the very slight skin of hers.'

She smiled. Well, her hand didn't have to touch her, she had someone who could do the job for her.

"Mary!" She called on her maid who ran to answer her,

"Yes, princess."

"When last did you talk to that human ?"

"It was two weeks ago."

"That is okay. Tell him to look into anyone called Calista."

"Her surname, princess?"

"I have no idea. Heard she stays at some college not far by and she is somewhat famous. I want every information about her. Even up to people that walk with her."

"Yes, princess." The maid bowed.

"You can go," She said and the maid walked away.

All she needed to do was to tamper with her close ones first before she would descend on her. And then she would know the exact reason why Ramiel wanted to protect her so bad.

***

Ramiel carried Calista who was still unconscious. He looked at her and his cheek curved on one side. This was the second time he was carrying her while she was always unconscious. Sometimes, he would be furious. How could he be helping her when he was supposed to do the opposite?  But he had the reason for doing all these.

He saw her eyes opened slowly then he stopped moving. He was just about to fly to another roof when he heard her cough slightly, "Are you okay?" He acted like he was concerned, but deeply he wasn't.

Calista opened her eyes, only to see herself in someone's arms. She recognised this man with white hair. She continued to look at him astounded before the man dropped her. "Who are you?"

"Someone you don't have to know." Ramiel answered. He was thinking of what to say if the girl asked why they were on a roof.

Calista looked around her. It was dark, and cold. She felt as though the black cloud was about to swallow her, it was then that she was aware that they were on the roof. "What? How did I get here?" She tried to remember what happened but all she could remember was Sunny shouting at her and asking if she was okay. She felt that there was something she wanted to remember but unfortunately could not.

It was time to switch his play mode on, Ramiel thought. "Your manager informed me that you and your friend are having some issues and you have gotten to the roof. He asked me to persuade you to feature for the endorsement." He had no idea how things work in the human world but he had checked into her job beforehand, he could pretend that he was a bit close to her manager so that she would easily believe her.

Calista couldn't quite understand, "And how did the persuading lead me into your arms...I quite don't understand anything. Where are we?"

"Let's just get down the roof, Miss Johnson. I hope you sort out things with your friend, it may ruin your career if you keep being this way."

Calista sighed. Who was this man. She could recall that she had seen this very man at a bar but she had no idea what went on there because she was drunk. Could she have been drunk a while ago? "Okay...so where is she?*

"She?"

"Sunny." She replied.

Sunny?" He questioned, confused.

"Sunny. How could you not-"

"Oh...my bad." He responded. He had heard how humans react to somethings and the rightful response. He had done so much just for this lady already, it would be annoying if at last she was unable to release his power before she gained consciousness about her past life.  "How could I have forgotten? Let's go, I would take you home."

"You brought your car?"

"No. We would just board a cab, would love to escort you home since it's dark already. I think you had a fight with your friend because you were quite drunk, so it is advisable to escort you," he said, he didn't even know if all what he had been saying made sense. All he just knew was that, he needed to know if she was reincarnated or if she was just pretending.

Calista smiled and they both went to the entrance and walked down the stairs.

The place looked a bit scanty. She was still finding it hard to recall how she got here. She knew that if she was angry or worried she always go to somewhere to get drunk. But this building did not seem as a place where she could clear off her head.