Four 四

"Sir?..." The girl called out his attention, making Yoriichi snap back to reality.
"... Why are you determined?" She tilted her head to the side, confused. "To what?"
"To die. Demons normally fight back... Why don't you?"
She looked down, a solemn smile on her face.
"Maybe because... I may not have any more hope... My mother is dead, my father, who turned me into a demon, is nowhere to be found... For 500 years i spent my life alone, feeding on demons, trying to blend in with humans... I was always alone..."
Yoriichi looked at the girl with gentle eyes. He can feel like she could be trusted, that she is not deceiving. He sheathed his sword, holding out his hand. He didn't even know why he is doing this.
"Come on... You may have hope for life..."

Leona looked up at the demon slayer in surprise. He is sparing her? Why? She had heard that demon slayers have no sympathy for demons. Only for their kind and themselves. Yet he, his eyes held the very thing called Sympathy. His eyes are so kind and gentle. Looking at his hand, she slowly reached out her bloody ones to him, standing up.
"I'm Leona... Ubuyashiki Leona..." His eyes seem to widen at the name. "U-ubuyashiki? H-how old are you again?"
"500 or more... Not 600 though."
Yoriichi nodded knowingly, somehow not letting go of the demon girl's hand.
"Uhm... My hand sir..."
"Oh..." He let go of her hand, a slight blush across his cheeks that she didn't noticed. Leona looked up at the tall demon slayer, a question kept lingering in her mind.
"What's your name?"
He looked down at her, opening his mouth to speak.
"Tsugikuni Yoriichi." "Yoriichi..." Leona tested the name on her tongue before smiling, bowing her head.
"Thank you... For the mercy, Yoriichi-sama."

Yoriichi gave her a light smile, nodding. He didn't know what is happening to him. Ever since the death of Uta and their unborn child, he has never let himself feel attracted to anyone, for the sole purpose that he didn't wanted to feel that deep sorrow again of losing his loved ones. But with Leona, he somehow felt his heart started to beat faster.
"If you want, you can... Stay at my small place for the night." Yoriichi looked at the shy demon girl, who is looking down at her hands and fidgeting her fingers.
'She lives near here?.. Does she live alone?'
"Do you live alone?" Yoriichi asked softly, which Leona responded with a nod on the head. She looked up at him to see his unreadable expression.
"Can you lead me there? If you don't mind."
Leona nodded absentmindedly, before walking somewhere further down the mountain. It didn't took them more than 5 minutes and they arrived to a small house fit for 1 or 3 people. Almost like his and Uta's before. She shyly opened her door and went in after taking off her slippers. She seem to have manners that is rarely seen in a demon. She could remember her past, considering she even know her last name. Yoriichi sat down upon her instructions as she scurry around.
"I am a demon but.. I sometimes drink tea so wait i will make some." "No need, Leona."
Yoriichi gestured her to sit infront of him, which she obliged to immediately, not wanting of offend her guest and be suspicious of her when she had no ill deed.
"I will be leaving soon... You want to come with me?"
He himself cannot believe what he just said. It is too unusual for him. Surely she didn't used any blood art on him right? She looked as surprised as him. He really felt not like himself tonight, and she could be there reason but he doesn't want to blame the innocent demon.
"Are you sure, Yoriichi-sama?" Yoriichi thought for a while, before nodding. He can see happiness in her eyes, but at the same time concern. He could figure out her discomfort. She is a demon, and he is a demon slayer. He should've killed her, yet he didn't. He even let himself in her home, he let his guard down. Yet she shown no murderous intent.
"I cannot express how happy i am at this moment... Ever since i turned into a demon at the age of 4, i ran here, secluded myself, feed myself and all that for over 500 years... No one had ever shown sympathy than you, Yoriichi-sama..."
She looks so innocent. A poor soul that needed to endure the cruel world. He could've just end her misery and behead her without inflicting pain, but somehow it hurts him that she will leave him— Yoriichi slightly shook his head at his thoughts, looking up at the girl who still looked bloody.
"I might need a little rest... Why not clean the blood off and wear a new kimono so you won't gain any suspicious eyes when we go down?"
The girl looked at herself before blushing in embarrassment, lighting a candle and preparing a futon for him as fast as she could, making him confused.
"Then please rest, Yoriichi-sama. I will return shortly. Slaying demons for a human must be exhausting still, even if you are well-trained."
Leona took a kimono from the small closet, leaving Yoriichi to himself, thinking of the events that just happened. He just stayed at a demon's home!

'A human... A demon slayer... Accepted me.' That was what is on Leona's mind as she sat down on the river, washing her body full of blood, while washing her Haori that was also full of blood. Leona held out her hand and used her blood demon art, magenta flames to dry the said garment so she is able to carry it with her. Looking up the sky to see some fireworks being lit.
'I must've forgotten that there is a festival on the village...'
Leona shook her head. She has a guest waiting, so she must hurry. Folding her Haori and dirty kimono, she changed into a baby pink kimono with a magenta sash, letting her hair down as she started to walk up towards her home where Yoriichi is waiting. She opened the door to see the demon slayer who almost fell asleep. He sat up and looked at her as she started to pack a few important things like her two kimono, along with a box that she held close to her before putting it gently. Yoriichi prepared himself, watching the demon girl put her things on a cloth on her back, looking at her small home.
"I'll miss this place..."
"You can visit here some time."
Leona nodded, before following Yoriichi.
"If people stare at us, please don't mind them... It is normal."
Yoriichi frowned at that, looking down at the girl. "If only you could turn into a child then..."
Leona snapped, giving a big toothy grin at Yoriichi who looked confused at her sudden behavior. "Why didn't i thought of that?" Leona muttered to herself as she slowly shrunk and shrunk in size, turning into like a 5 years old child, looking up at the man who's eyes held amazement.
"Wow you can do that?" Leona nodded. Seeing the things she have not change size except the kimono, he gently took the cloth on her back along with the haori. Carrying it as he held the Haori on his arm.
Leona, who was still in a small child form, held on Yoriichi's haori as they walked down the mountain. She cannot believe she is finally leaving the place, to go with a demon slayer that she doesn't even know... But there is a feeling that tells her that he can be trusted.

Taisho Secrets 🤫
•Leona likes tea paired with Mochi that she likes as a kid. But ever since she was alone, she rarely eats Mochi.
•Yoriichi actually now has a small crush on her
•Leona had thought her 500 years of enduring is gonna end. She was scared to go to hell though. (poor girl 🥺)