Eight 八

"Are you out of your goddamn mind?!" That's what met Yoriichi as soon as he spoke. Let's just say, he agreed to Leona's request and now he is in the Demon slayer headquarters. Face to face with Oyakata-sama, along with the other 7 Hashira. As expected, they won't accept it as easy as that.
"What happened to you? Here i thought your only goal is to eliminate every single demon out there. Yet why spare one, and let it live with you?" The insect Hashira, asked confused. Yes, she could be angry, yet being a woman, she is less aggressive and turned soft spoken.

"She is different..." "Oh spare us the excuses." The thunder Hashira spoke. Even if Oyakata-sama is infront of them, they cannot help it. Oyakata-sama understands their side, yet he also wanted to know what convinced the most powerful demon slayer, the sun Hashira, on saving a demon, and letting her live with him. Putting a finger infront of his lips, the whole chaos stopped and hushed, the two hashiras standing sat back down as Yoriichi sat infront.
"All i wanted to know is why. Tell me, Yoriichi, what changed your mind? Why do you think she is different?" Oyakata-sama asked in his usual solemn and caring voice. It was soothing to everyone that an argument could go on peacefully.
"Normally, i would slay her yes... Yet she made me change my mind..." "How so?"

Yoriichi breathed out hard, eyes still down the floor while sitting beside the other hashiras.
"She was determined to die... If it was her fate, then so be it as she said... I took this into consideration, Oyakata-sama. We don't need to be aware if she suddenly attacks any human, if she wanted to eat, she will hunt a demon to feed herself... According to her, eating a demon is equivalent to eating as much human as it ate."
Some are still suspicious, but there are hashiras that are considering his side like The stone Hashira, flower hashira and water hashira. Oyakata-sama nodded knowingly, as if telling him to go on.

"Also... She can withstand the sun."
Shock filled the whole room, even Oyakata-sama and his son who is present have utter shock on their face. Yoriichi expected that, he himself was shocked.
"A demon that can walk in sunlight? Impossible!" The flame Hashira finally spoke up, which was followed by nods of agreement from the other Hashiras.
"Have i ever lied... Even just once?"
Silence filled the whole room. They would tell Yoriichi to spill the truth and not lie. But at the same time, for years they all had been together, he had not uttered once a single lie. He is the most honest man they met in their lives.
"As i said before, she never devoured any humans... And she had blended in with them... She could've killed those temple people, yet she didn't, and instead killed the demon."

Oyakata-sama was in deep thoughts. But there are some Hashiras who cannot just accept it and put the other thoughts that the demon could be a great help. One in particular stood up, grabbing Yoriichi by his kimono.
"You do know you violated the rules, right?! After all, you're not an idiot!" "I know... But i am also sure she won't hurt any human..."
"Demon is still a demon!"
"Hayate... Please enough... Let's talk about this in peace." The wind hashira, Hayate, gritted his teeth in annoyance, backing away and sitting down on his original place. Oyakata-sama just smiled, still wanting to know more about the girl. A memory popped on Yoriichi's mind, making him look at Oyakata-sama. Maybe it is time to confirm it if she was lying or not about being an Ubuyashiki.

"Oyakata-sama, if i may, can i ask a question?"
"What is it, Yoriichi?"
"Do you know... A girl named, Ubuyashiki Leona?" Oyakata-sama's eyes widen, he was shook. That child was a great legend to his family. It was written in the scrolls. She is the most beautiful child to ever exist... 500 years ago. But was killed by the one person, the sole blemish on the ubuyashiki family, Kibutsuji Muzan. But it was still not clear if he really killed her, or he was protecting her. After all, it is said he loved his daughter dearly.

"Yes... That child died... 500 years ago."
"Would you believe me if i say... That the very child i am talking about, is alive as a demon?"
"I am going to be honest with you, there is still a part of me that is suspicious, but it could be—" His eyes slowly widen, he looked at Yoriichi in utter shock. "It can't be..."
"What's wrong, Oyakata-sama?" The flower hashira asked worried, they had never seen their master so shocked, ever. And seeing him like this is so rare.
"The demon you took in... Is it her?" Yoriichi nodded, a small smile on his face.
"She introduced herself as Ubuyashiki Leona, she said she is over 500 years old yet not near 600. She was... Too beautiful, and still looked almost human."