Ten 十

A month just passed, and Leona sure can already take on a horde of demons but ofcourse, had to go through the original process of being a demon slayer, she has to survive for a week while demons lurk. And that happens tomorrow night. So this night, Yoriichi convinced her that they won't train, but spend time with one another. Yoriichi is a busy man but still found a way to train with her. But peaceful times like this is what they need once in a while. Yoriichi sat down under a tree on a hill, overlooking the town where the sun estate is built, and where the stars are in full view too. Leona, has her head laid on Yoriichi's lap, chin on his leg as she had her eyes closed, his hand caressing her long black hair gently.
(Side note: Kinda like the position of Daki when she had her head on Muzan's lap owo)
"Are you worried?" Leona's question seem to hit the spot, seeing how Yoriichi tensed up. She soon smiled at him, getting more comfortable in his presence than before. "Don't be. I'm a demon, i can pass easily."
"What if, he finds you? After all, the wisteria are not in bloom."
She knew he is worried about her father finding out about her, and might take her away from everyone— from him. Her eyes looked up at him, a reassuring expression can be read on her face.
"I will make sure he won't, i promise."
"Don't... Ever leave me." Leona looked confused at what Yoriichi said, her smile returning as she closed her eyes. "I should say that, because i will never leave you."
"Good. I will never let go of the girl that i love."
Leona's face turned bright red, trying not to make Yoriichi notice while not facing him.
"Let's enjoy such a lovely night, shall we?" "Yes, Yoriichi-sama."

Next Day...

"Do you have your sword?" Yoriichi asked as Leona just came out of her room, wearing a red kimono top and blue hakama pants. Soon realizing that she doesn't have a sword.
'I must've relied too much on my blood demon art.' Leona thought, slapping her forehead in irritation, making Yoriichi chuckle as he held out a sword to Leona.
"This isn't your sword, this is just temporary to keep you safe... Remember, you have to fight like a demon slayer. Show them how you're training went."
Yoriichi sounded like a teacher telling his student to not fail him, and it made Leona giggle before nodding her head, a wide grin plastered on her face.
"I will. After all, i'm your tsuguko."
Yoriichi smiled, pulling Leona in for a tight hug, placing a kiss on her head gently as he led her to their estate door, hand gripped on hers and not letting go.
"Promise me... You will return."
"I promise!" Leona smiled happily, giving his hand a light grip.
"Well, you better get going then. Goodluck." "I will do my best!"
Yoriichi smiled as Leona slowly walked off, their hands separating as he watched her retreating back.
"Be careful."

Leona arrived to the mountain, and saw atleast 25 aspiring demon slayers, including herself, standing and waiting. All silent, not talking, and she herself doesn't want to talk to someone either. So she sat near a wisteria tree, admiring it. She made herself look like the same age as them, around 16, to not further make them suspicious of her. Sooner enough, she looked to see Kazuya's daughters walking towards a platform, a smile on their faces as they began to instruct on what they should do.
So basically, in around 7 days they remain on the mountain where demons were captured, and they must survive and live in just 7 days, where the Wisteria is not in bloom, and demons are hunting for food. Leona then followed the other slayers as they descended the main area and towards the place where everything will start... And so the hell begins.

"Do you think she will be alright?" Seijuro asked Yoriichi, as they stood beside each other on a hill as the first night of the final selection begins.
"Normally, i would worry... But then the fact that she is a demon slaps me to reality. I trust she will keep her promise." "Promise?"
"That she will come back and never leave."
Seijuro looked at his friend who have his head lifted up, looking at the sky. Seijuro already noticed but he didn't dare say it and he still needs proof. And now he has it. Proof that his friend had moved on from his traumatic experience with his late wife and now has opened his heart for the young demon girl who seem to have opened up to him aswell.
"Have faith, that she will return here without a scratch."