Six 六

Leona opened her eyes and the first thing she saw is a ceiling.
'Ceiling?...' Leona sat up, realizing she is still in child form. She took the time to observe her surroundings. When her eyes fell on the side, where the certain demon slayer who took her in was sitting, asleep. Leona don't want to wake him up, and she can sense he was exhausted. Returning into her a little older form, she stood up and brought the blanket with her, wrapping it on his shoulders as the doors were open so it was cold. Leona walked out of the room, looking up to the sky.
'It is still night...' Leona smiled to herself, the night wind brushing on her skin and making her hair wave.
"I wonder what will happen now?.." She sighed, sitting down on the veranda and watching the stars, constantly amazed of how they shine amidst the darkness of the night sky.
Meanwhile, Yoriichi opened his eyes and felt that there was blanket over him. Confused, his eyes turned towards the futon where Leona was and saw it was empty.
'Did she put this blanket on me?'
He put the blanket aside and decided to search for the young demon, only to find her on the veranda infront of the room, looking up to the sky.
"Why are you awake this early?" Leona turned around to him, smiling. "I cannot fall asleep again, so i decided to star gaze." "I see..."
Yoriichi sat down beside Leona and looked up the sky aswell, a small smile creeping on his cheeks as Leona did.
"Beautiful, aren't they?"
"Indeed..."
"I always wonder how they could shine like that..."
"The gods really make wonders."
Leona nodded happily, a giggle escaping her mouth. Yoriichi looked at her, as she soon looked at him. Their eyes meeting.
"Welcome home, Leona." "Thank you, Yoriichi-sama."
Leona is shy to admit it, but she is real excited to live with him, while also keeping the secret that he is keeping a demon who has not devoured any human but fellow demons.

*A few weeks later*

For the days Leona stayed in a small estate with Yoriichi. He was somehow, always out. So she was alone in the house. He does come back, which makes her happy. Today, is no other different day. Leona woke up and found a cup of tea beside her futon, and a piece of paper on the tray. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes before reading the contents of the said paper.

'I'm leaving for another mission again. Eat properly and don't go out too often. I will try to be back as soon as morning'

She smiled at Yoriichi's letter, sipping on the tea and smiling to herself. Lately, she is trying to get used to human food and she does like it, but it gives zero nutrition and strength as she gets in devouring demons. Not that it was a bad thing right? She doesn't devour humans, she was doing a demon slayer's job too in her own way. Leona fixed her futon, changing into her kimono, she brought her tray to the kitchen, taking a broom and started sweeping the estate grounds like she always do, after all she told him she will help.
'I miss Yoriichi-sama already...'
Leona just pouted to herself, sweeping and cleaning the estate. It was not a problem actually. She has unlimited stamina as a demon, she can use her tentacles to make her job on wiping windows faster. And when Yoriichi returns, she seem to look like she hasn't done a single thing. So it was not a problem, and besides, she had fun on living with him. At times, he brings her with him on a mission and when they do, she helps out the best she can.

Finishing her chores, and reading some scrolls to pass time, she didn't even notice the estate door open, and a familiar man with a high pony tail and a red haori entered. This time, he was holding something special for a special someone. Yoriichi looked around and saw that everything is proper, so she must be in her bedroom. Smiling to himself in excitement, that he cannot somehow contain, he walked towards her bedroom, seeing how she was occupied at what she is reading made him smile. He fake a cough gaining her attention, but her reaction almost made him laugh for she jumped from her seat and landed on her head with a slight thud. She pouted at him before tackling him to a hug.
"Yoriichi-sama, that was mean!"
"Sumimasen." Leona broke from their embrace, looking up at him with a bright smile that he loves to see. Both sat inside the room, looking out at the estate grounds from the veranda.
"How was your mission, Yoriichi-sama?"
Yoriichi hummed in response, a small smile on his lips. "It is the same, dear one... I am happy enough that i returned earlier than i should have."
"I'm happy aswell."
"Which reminds me of..." Yoriichi put down something wrapped neatly infront of Leona, making her confused. Yoriichi just smiled at her. "For you."

Ofcourse, Leona was surprised. She never thought he would have something for her. Smiling, Yoriichi gestured her to open it which she happily did.
Leona opened what he have for her and gasped seeing a magenta kimono and a black haori that has a red spider lily design. She looked up at Yoriichi who only smiled.
"Arigatou... Yoriichi-sama, it's so beautiful."
"Maybe i will see you wearing that soon."
Leona nodded, before jumping into him, hugging him tight.
"Arigatou guzaimas, Yoriichi-sama!"

Taisho secrets 🤫
•What took Yoriichi long was to choose the kimono and Haori.
•Ever since she lived with him, he started to finish his missions quick just to spend his time her.
•Leona actually misses Yoriichi a lot and finds her heart beating fast.