Seven 七

It was like any other day, and this time, Yoriichi returned to the estate at daytime and both are having tea as they watch the sakura tree on their backyard.
"Can i join... The demon slayers, Yoriichi-sama?"
Yoriichi almost choked on tea upon Leona's sudden question which made her feel bad as she patted his back to make him breathe.
"W-what did you said?"
"I know i'm a demon..." Leona sighed. "But i want to help... Like you, i also want to eradicate evil demons who hurt people... Maybe if that happens, my 500 years of living in this world will come to peace."
Yoriichi felt his heart tighten at what she said. He know what she meant. If they eradicate the demons, she can rest and die in peace without resistance. Yoriichi gave Leona a pat on the head.
"I'll think about it... But for now, let's get that off mind okay?" Leona nodded.
"So... How about we go to the nearest town? I heard there is a festival tonight."
Leona's eyes shined in delight, nodding her head multiple times in enthusiasm which made Yoriichi laugh. She looks so excited to finally go out and see people again. She seem to love the idea. Maybe it will make them forget the serious topic they had just now.
"You don't have any missions?"
"I asked Oyakata-sama to give me a break atleast for three days. And he immediately agreed."
"That's great! But why didn't you tell me immediately?" "Because i want to surprise you?"
Leona felt her cheeks burn in a light shade of pink, blushing at what Yoriichi said. She tried to hide the blush on her face by sipping on tea, hands covering her cheeks.

Yoriichi stood near the estate door, waiting for Leona. She did said she will change her kimono first and be presentable atleast.
"Gomenasai, did i took too long?"
"No you didn't." Yoriichi felt his breath hitch upon the sight of Leona. She wore the very kimono he bought her, and it fit her perfectly which he is thankful for. With the Haori matching perfectly and also complementing her skin. But what stood up is her braided hair. It was braided in a high ponytail but it somehow looked like she didn't braided it at all infront, and a familiar sun hairpin was adoring her black hair that has purple highlights. She looked stunning than those who wear makeup.
"Yoriichi-sama?.. What's wrong? Do i look bad?" Leona's voice sounded so worried. But Yoriichi could just mutter that he somehow forgotten that she is a demon and she can smell, hear and see from distances.
"You look beautiful..." Bright pink dusted Leona's pale cheeks upon hearing that. Yoriichi, noticing how he had been staring at the girl, shook his head and regained his composure, walking out of the estate with Leona beside him. The people are all awake, dressed in their best kimonos, lanterns lit around and a lot of stalls are open. But the best part of the festival is the floating lanterns in the end. After all, it is the lantern festival.
(A/N: For the sake of my story, please imagine there is a lantern festival :'))

Leona's purple eyes lit up in excitement as she stared at the town near their estate. Yoriichi unconsciously reached towards her soft pale hand to hold them. Leona turned her head to look at him, smiling as she blushed. Yoriichi kept looking forward, if it weren't for the shadows of the trees, she will see that  his ears are red. Leona looked forward aswell, not minding him holding her hand. Seeing that she was comfortable, he went closer, giving her hand a light grip. Arriving to the town where the lantern festival is held.
"Have you been on a lantern festival?.."
Leona shook her head. "The village near the mountain i lived in sadly don't celebrate that... Or maybe i just missed it by secluding myself."
"Well, you should enjoy this night then."
Leona gasped and grinned widely in happiness. Eyes sparkling as her grip on Yoriichi tighten a little, making him chuckle. He kept watching Leona as she looked around with a wide smile.

"Can you wait for me by that hill?"
Leona blinked confused. They had been walking around and she indeed had too much fun. Though it was weird that Yoriichi seem to hide something. In the end, she nodded at him, watching his back before walking towards the said hill near. It has a great view of the ocean, and the mountains. She was so mesmerized by the view and of course the stars adding to it's beauty that she didn't noticed Yoriichi returning until he faked a cough, gaining her attention. Turning to look at him, she looked at the thing on his hand then back to him confused. He is holding a lantern.
"I figured you want to experience the main reason of the festival." Yoriichi held the lantern to Leona, making her hold the other end, instructing her on what she should do. Seeing the people on the town also holding each of their own lanterns.
As some of the lanterns started to fly up to the sky, so Yoriichi and Leona set off their lantern together gently, watching it float to the sky. But with her heightened eyesight, she saw something written on their lantern as it was flying up with the other lanterns making her look at Yoriichi with surprise. Yoriichi, in return, smiled, in a slightly shy way but also genuine, stepping closer towards her until their faces are only inches away.
Leona blushed bright pink when Yoriichi cupped her cheeks, his maroon eyes staring at her purple ones.
Yoriichi leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on Leona's forehead, leaning his own after and looking at her in the eyes again, a genuine smile on his face. A smile slowly appearing on Leona's face as she savoured the moment.
"I love you, Leona." Yoriichi muttered the words that was written on the lantern. Leona smiled, her hands on his shoulders. "...I love you too, Yoriichi-sama."

"I hope you think about what i said this afternoon..."
Yoriichi turned to Leona concerned. She seem to have been really taking this into deep consideration and now she seem determined to be able to join the demon slayers. Yoriichi gave a nod, giving another kiss on Leona's head.
"I will think about it. Go to sleep."
"Hai. Oyasumin, Yoriichi-sama."
"Oyasumin, Leona." Yoriichi smiled at her as she entered her room, closing the door behind her before he left for his own room to sleep.
"Maybe it wouldn't be bad..." But the real problem is... The demon slayers and Oyakata-sama's decision. This could be a real problem.

Taisho Secrets 🤫
•Yoriichi actually asked Oyakata-sama for day off just to be able to spend time with her on the festival.
•It took everything in Yoriichi's courage to write his feelings on the lantern he bought.
•Leona's first love is Yoriichi since she started to feel like an adult than a child at heart ever since she lived with him.
•Yoriichi is scared if the demon slayers execute Leona but if he is too, he wouldn't regret it.