Rory

Depiction of Rory above

Rory's POV
My heart pounded as I dashed through the forest and climbed a tree as high as I could. Escaping Alpha Leon Kelley and his warriors had become a daily habit of mine ever since my parents traded me to his clan as a bargaining chip.

When I finally deemed it safe enough to, I collapsed onto the tree branch I had been standing on while observing the scenery below. I kept my eyes and ears peeled for the loud movements of the clumsy and aggressive Alphas.

My blood froze as they strutted beneath me, hollering and snickering. "Where's the little bitch?" Leon snarled. His warriors jeered. "We just wanna have some fun." One of them hooted. "If you come out now, we'll be gentle." Another cat-called.

I held my breath praying they'd continue walking but luck was never on my side. Not when it came to Alpha Leon. He sniffed the air around him and suddenly gazed up. His vicious eyes glaring straight at me. "Be at my hut by sundown. You know what'll happen if you're not." He ordered before marching off.

My shoulders slumped in defeat. If I returned, it would be to let Leon (and anyone else he permitted to) have their way with me but I had nowhere else to run to. If I ever left our borders, I would either be hunted by rogues, starve to death or die from dehydration. A mere omega like me would never survive without a pack.