Savior

Xavier's POV
I was sitting angrily by the dwindling fire when I recognised the shrill scream of Rory. Immediately, I was up and sprinting towards the sound. After a minute or two, my enhanced eyesight allowed me to make out a black rogue wolf with red eyes leaning over a small unconscious figure.

Willing my legs to push harder, I dashed through the forest and threw myself onto the rogue, colliding with him into a boulder as we both landed awkwardly. Releasing a bone-chilling howl, I bit the rogue's muzzle aggressively and snapped its neck.

With the rogue no longer being a concern, I immediately turned tail to go and inspect Rory. He layed passed out on the ground, stomach down as a deep bite on the back of his neck bled profusely. Licking the wound clean, it began to heal as his skin absorbed my saliva.

Flipping him over, I began to gently lick his cheeks. When I received no response, I whined and continued to lick him on the cheeks. Finally, he stirred and sat up confusedly. "X-Xavier, y-you c-came." He cried, burying himself into my muzzle.

Removing his pelt and shredded silken garments, I inspected his body closely for any other injuries. "I'm okay now, Xavier." He gently reassured while carding his small fingers through my fur.

Growling in approval, I began to thump my tail against the ground contentedly.