Training

Xavier's POV
As the day progressed, I grew more and more irritated at the itch on my skin created by the heat. Faster you morons!!! You're a bunch of sitting ducks! I roared as I infiltrated the ranks and beat the unruly warriors with my hind legs.

I was less than pleased to have been separated from Rory and even though I wasn't concerned about Emily, I couldn't say the same thing about her unmated Beta brother, Mathias.

With the full moon approaching, all unmated wolves would be feeling the pull of their heat or rut and it could be vicious if our unmated mates were in close proximity. I would still have to decide where to spend my rut given Rory was living in my den.

Ordering a short break, I went to cool off in the river before finishing the warriors' training. The batch this year were strong but rowdy. I was used to it, having been Head Warrior for the last 7 years although I'd never been distracted before.

I always had the crucial job of conditioning the pack warriors. It was especially important during mating season as most of the clan alphas would be busy with their mates leaving unmated alphas and betas with the responsibility of guarding our vulnerable clan.

I mentally cursed myself when I caught my thoughts trailing back to Rory's round blue eyes and his smooth pale skin. Muttering my annoyance, I decided to hunt a few rabbits before returning to the training grounds to continue conditioning the warriors.