Sneaky Court Issue

- Time Skip -
Rory's POV
I had been spending the past few days at Emily's hut since Xavier was required to be present at the training grounds every day from dawn until dusk given the full moon was coming up so I didn't see very much of him at all and I was still afraid to sleep alone because of the nightmares.

Emily and Mathias had been kind enough to care for me, bringing me water and warm towels whenever I woke up drenched in sweat. I was more than grateful to them for their support but still felt lonely in the absence of Xavier.

Today, Mathias had offered to teach me how to make courting bracelets. Apparently he'd been a gaffer, carpenter and blacksmith in the past so he could make bracelets out of glass, wood or metal. I enjoyed carving the beads out from the wood and colouring them with wild paint.

The process was calming and therapeutic and I could only wish to receive one from Xavier. It was too bad their culture didn't allow submissives to issue court-bracelets.

A few hours later, when Mathias returned from the forge, he carried with him a thin silver bangle with beautiful blue and black glass beads and a silver heart shaped trinket dangling from the edge.

I stared on in wonderment as I carefully studied the beads as he held it under the glinting sun. "I-it's s-so b-beautiful. H-how d-did y-you m-make t-this M-Mathias?" I asked curiously. Mathias smirked proudly. "It took me a while but the blue reminds me of your eyes, care to try it on?" He reached his hand out.

Gasping in amazement, I hesitantly placed my hand in his as he easily slipped the bangle on. It fit perfectly. "It suits you, Rory. I hope you like it." He beamed. I smiled cheerfully. "I love it, Mathias!!" I exclaimed. He puffed out his chest in pride. "Good, it'll be my premature gift to you for this upcoming full moon." He winked.

Blushing uncomfortably, I hid my face and went to go show Emily but before I could leave, he gently grabbed my hand and brought me close. "Keep it a secret for now yeah, it'll be our secret?" He whispered with pleading eyes. Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion, I agreed and covered it with my sleeve before wondering off in the direction of the kitchen.