Draeden's Scheme

Lucifer's POV
I was feeling content as I made my way up to Draeden's throne room. When I reached the large mahogany doors, I grabbed the metal key and knocked three times.

Draeden's booming voice permitted me to enter. As I pushed through the doors, I knelt and bowed my head as the doors swung shut behind me. Draeden ordered me to stand and report. "I trust you have those whom I am concerned with, committed to memory?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "Two males, Xavier and Rory. A mated couple whom live on the outskirts of Lucas' clan grounds. I couldn't sense Xavier's rank but he seems to be a pure wolf and Rory is his omega with child." I stated.

"A pure wolf, how rare. An omega with child. How perfect." Draeden purred lowly. I kept my head bowed as Draeden schemed, his eyes downcast dangerously in deep thought.

"I want you to capture the pregnant omega." I guffawed at his demand. "And how, exactly do you propose I do that? Your majesty." I bit out sarcastically. Draeden regarded me with a deadly glare.

"I don't care how you go about it, Lucifer. That isn't my concern but I want that omega, and you will bring him to me." He said with finality.

I stared at his feet moodily. "How many men will I be granted for this mission?" I asked. Draeden scoffed in return. "I want it kept at a minimum, the less people and the faster, the better." Typical expectations, as always.

I wasn't going down without a fight. "I want to take a minimum of 2 warriors and a healer." I wasn't going to argue. Draeden crossed his arms angrily but agreed. "Go and talk to the seer. She will give you ideas." He said before dismissing me coldly.

— Time Skip —

Entering the blind seer's hut, she greeted me kindly. "Lucifer." She acknowledged. I scoffed. "I've been tasked with kidnapping a pregnant omega from Lucas' clan. Seems to me it's not going to be as easy as Draeden thinks it is." I explained.

The seer sighed sadly. "You were always a sweet soul, orphaned by unfortunate events, Draeden's poison has seeped deep into your bones." I turned my head away indignantly.

"You may have raised me, but it was Draeden who accepted me into this clan. I do his bidding no matter if you say it poisons my soul each time." She sighed sadly before beckoning me to kneel opposite her low laying stool. She began to chant in verse.

"I see a distraction oh so very real,
then a lawful pack, chasing dangerously at your heel.
You carry a small, sweet, pregnant being.
He lies in your arms, unconscious and unseeing." She finished reading her verse and I thanked her before stalking to the exit.

"I know you will do harm, but please go with caution, my son." Her voice trailed out of earshot as I exited her tent.