𝐗

—

The darkness covered my eyes and the rough rope scratched against my wrists, the chair digging into my back. I heard a shuffle, wrapped in a barrier that held my ability to hear it well-enough to know where it was coming from. I heard a click, then a loud screech scratched the pavement underneath me as a light formed at my front.

My eyes squinted to ease the bright stinging and a silhouette formed at the large door, their shadow covered their front as their outline was all I could form.

A second figure appeared until they turned, the gleam now shining onto them as the face of my father came to light. I widened my eyes and my lips parted, "Dad?" He said nothing, yet two other men dropped a body at my feet as the door opened wider.

The bright light gleamed onto my mother, her body paler with dried crimson painted onto her soft and innocent skin. The air choked in my throat and I couldn't think, couldn't breathe. "Why... why would you do this? Why would you do that?" I tugged on the rope by my limbs, though they didn't budge. My waterline brimmed with tears and my heart squeezed.

"She made a mistake, she couldn't be trusted," my father answered whilst walking closer, careful to avoid my mothers lifeless body.

"Fuck you," I cursed. The nightmare I had longed to avoid came true, and I was furious. "Fuck you!"

"Do not speak that way to me, I am your father," he spoke loudly and sternly, silencing the room whilst I felt the helpless tears slide down my cheeks.

"You aren't my father," I denied. The heavy weight on my chest replaced the anger that coursed through me, and I couldn't help but begin to see the memories of her rush through my head. "What did she do?"

He didn't answer, his face stone as he turned and walked out, ignoring my questions and cries as the door shut, leaving me unable to see her for any longer.

"Don't let go of her."

I heard a voice speak in the back of my mind, and I felt free from the restraints that were holding my arms above my head. The hands on my forearms brought my consciousness back to see myself get put in a chair just a few feet away from where I had been chained and threatened for the last few days.

I met the chair and before I knew it, my arms were being wrapped by rope and attached flush against the sides of it. I furrowed my eyebrows and let my eyes dart across the four men in the room.

I tugged on the ropes bounding my arms and lifted my knee to kick the man that reached to tie my legs as well.

"Hold her down." Clay ordered, and I watched Griffin walk up. I grinned and lifted my heel to his groin before he caught my ankle and pinned it to the leg of the chair whilst two other men wrapped the same rope around it.