𝐗𝐗𝐈

—

"We have a small issue that's not really an issue but still enough of an issue to tell you," Simon said, stood in his office with his computer screen to us. I furrowed my eyebrows at his words whilst he began to elaborate, turning to Clay. "Someone on Ares' side is at your club."

I watched as Clay's eyes narrowed in on the screen. Looking through the security cameras, I noticed an older man sat on one of the couches in the dark strip club. I used to work at the same one. "Do they know Clay owns it?" I asked.

"We don't know." Griffin replied.

"So they could be there to sabotage something, steal — it could be anything." Simon explained. Clay exhaled a breath through his nose, and I looked toward him to read a confused and irritated expression on his face.

"How long ago was this?" I asked. This could have been hours ago, and if anything happened, we would have been too late.

"It's live, right now," Simon replied. I looked back to the computer screen with a nod and watched as the older man called over one of the women.

She came into view, and my eyebrows furrowed at the sight. Her blonde hair was down to her lower back, her prissy smile along with her unreserved walk made me realize who it was. The blonde that tormented me as much as she could whilst I worked there.

We watch in silence as the older man smirked up at her, saying something inaudible. Seconds later, she climbed down onto his lap, letting him touch her thighs. A thought flickered into my mind, so I stood up straight with my next words. "I'll go."

All three of the men's heads turned to me at the same time. "I'll go undercover as one of the strippers or bartenders, they won't know it's me. I can flirt with him and get him—"

"No." Clay cut me off.

"Why not? We can get him here and torture him for information. All I need to do is—"

"No." He repeated, not sparing me a glance as he completely ignored me.

"It's a good idea," Griffin muttered. I sent a thankful look as Clay rolled his eyes in annoyance. Simon's gaze flickered between Clay and I as he waited for someone to speak, though the silence lasted a few moments as Clay stared at the screen, watching as someone correlated with the man we despise sat on his couch. One that he bought. In a club he owns.

"Fine," he grumbled. I sighed in slight relief, though reminding myself that it can be a risky job. "But Griffin is coming with you."

I looked to Griffin, who had his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Why?"

"So you can watch her, dumbass," Clay spoke as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I sent a shrug to Griffin before turning and walking out the room, quickly hearing footsteps behind me. "Where are you going?"