𝐗𝐕

—

My eyes fluttered open and I pulled on my arms only to feel them restrained. I lifted my head in apprehension, worry and confusion seeping onto my expression as I looked around the room. I was in the same one Clay had put me in, either that or just one similar.

A man walked out from the shadows, a scar on his left cheek as I narrowed my eyes, trying to identify him. He stepped closer, an eerie grin on his face as mine dropped.

Micheal. The man working with my father. He had been the one to drop my mother's dead body at my feet.

"Valentina," he said slowly, making his way over to the chair that securely held me down. I darted my eyes to the corner of the room, spotting weapons that I was sure were going to be used on me. "It's been a while."

"It's too bad it wasn't any longer." I spoke. He chuckled and strode behind me, heightening my anxiety at the fact that I could no longer see him.

"You're so much older now," he spoke. I tried not to grit my teeth together. His hands went to my shoulders, "So much more beautiful than the last time I had seen you."

The last time he saw me was when I was thirteen.

"If only you didn't run. If only you stayed," his gruff voice spoke into my ear, radiating anger and disappointment. "We could've had so much fun together, Valentina." I felt disgusted at his words. "You don't think your father will mind if we use a little extra time to have some fun, do you?"

His hands lowered, reaching my collarbone as I tensed. "What do you want, Micheal?"

"You," he responded. I felt a sense of relief hit me when he removed his hands to stand at my front. "Your father has missed you, and I've come to bring you back to him."

"How did you get in?" I ignored his recent statement. There was no way in hell I would be going back to my father.

"I have my ways." He spoke. Micheal was one of the few that had no mercy when it came to torture and murder, hence why the knives on the right side of the room had me feared of the things he could do to me in such a vulnerable state.

"Here's how this will go, Valentina. I'm going to be asking you questions, and you will answer them truthfully. If not, I have a few ways that will make you regret not giving me the information that I want." He walked toward the corner to receive one of the knives, holding it firmly in his right hand.

"I am also on a time limit, so if you take too long to answer such a simple question," he walked closer and tapped the blade onto my cheek. "That will only add to your pain."

I sent a hard glare, receiving a proud grin that made me tug on the ropes in anger, aching to be released.

"Now, when did you get here?" He asked. I made sure to think quickly and smartly with my answers, not wanting to give any hints as to something that could lead me to them getting any source of information.