𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

—

I woke up to the sound of shuffling. Torturously peeling my eyes open, I spot my bathroom door open with a shadow hitting the back wall from what I could see at my view. I slowly and carefully sat up and went to reach for the drawer in the bedside table in hopes for a weapon.

I huffed when Clay walked out and I rolled my eyes, laying back down and turning over. I heard him chuckle before his hand was on my side and he was turning me onto my back.

"I saw that," he gripped my chin in a warning and narrowed his eyes before letting go. "You slept like a brick."

"I wonder why," I trailed off, squinting my eyes in thought before widening them. "Hm, maybe it was because I was kidnapped and couldn't sleep with my arms chained above my head—"

I cut myself off at the narrowed glare I received from him. He shook his head, "You just can't learn, can you?" I shrugged as he scoffed, "Don't get too confident now, Valentina. I'll have you over my knee before you could say 'please, sir.'" I glared up at him whilst a smirk grew on his lips.

"Now, get up. The meeting's in ten," he said. I sighed, forcing myself up and out of the bed that kept me in a deep slumber all night long. His hands slithered to my waist as I turned my body to face his, "I wanna show you something."

"Show me what?" I asked, curiosity controlling the question that almost immediately fell from my lips.

"I'm not going to tell you," he replied. I huffed a breath through my nose in retaliation. "You'll see after the meeting. Be patient." His voice was more stern whilst I nodded. He grinned, as if he hadn't just send me a warning, and slapped my ass from behind me before turning and walking out.

I took a shower in hopes that I wouldn't be late, squeezing it in the short amount of time I had to get ready. The clothes I had chosen weren't particularly meeting material, but it didn't matter as I walked downstairs to find Simon in sweatpants and a shirt.

Once his eyes met mine, I saw them light up as he smiled and waved at me. I grinned and waved back before feeling a presence behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to see Clay, wearing black slacks and a black dress shirt that effortlessly hugged his muscles, the fabric thin enough to make out his abs if you really looked. He eyed Simon as I raised a brow and watched the blonde scratch the back of his neck and head for the other room.

"Come on," Clay put his hand on my lower back as he walked me toward the room that held the meeting. Once I walked in, heads turned to us. I noticed some look down in fear, while others stared in either shock, amusement, or confusion. I sat at the end of the long, narrow table. Black chairs lined the back of it as Clay walked to the front of the room to face everyone else.

My eyes scanned the desks and chairs that scattered the room, computers sat on top of most. The side wall had a two large doors, and I could only imagine what was behind them.