Waking The Dead

Ray's POV

"Mr Toro?"

I lifted my tear stained face and opened my wary eyes. My body was shaking and my bones ached from the pressure. The nurse had her hand on my shoulder in a some-what comforting manner, but it wasn't helping. My three friends could die any second. But I'm strong. I can see them, I can talk to them, I'm not missing my last chance.

"I'm ready," I whisper hoarsley.

She nodded and held out her hand, I took it and she lead me down the sickly pale halls that were, of course, painted the colour white. White. It doesn't suit the atmosphere in the hospital at all. White is known for purity, there is nothing pure in here, just the fact that the area is covered purely in bacteria and diseases. I sigh as the nurse, Miss Riley, stopped at a newly painted white door.

"Frank Iero, yes?" she says quietly.

"Yeah," I choke out, because my voice would've failed me if I was to add to that one word.

She pushed the door open slightly, my stomach dropped as machines were plugged into him, a white mask on his face, giving him extra oxygen. I stepped inside as Riley shut the door, but monitered from the outside. Frank's eyes drifted open, and they were blood-shot red. I had to bite my lip to stop from crying, or puking.

"Hey," I say quietly, gulping down a lump in my throat.

Frank beamed at me, and I was confused as to how he could be so happy, when he was clearly in a state of major insecurities.

"Hiya!" he smirked. I took a seat next to him and struggled not to look away from the boy before me.

"Why are you so happy?" I decide to get to the point, because even though this sounds so mean, the quicker I'm outta here the better.

"Think about it, I'm free. I'm away from that bastard," Frank shrugged, still smiling.

My eyes went wide.

"Well yeah, but Frank, was it worth it? You could die!" I exclaim, tears finally falling down my pale white cheeks.

"I know. But it doesn't hurt, Ray. They cleaned me, they stitched me up. I only need to get through one more operation then I just have to rest for three weeks," Frank told me.

"Yeah, the one operation that debates your faith and if your actually going to get out of here or not," I point out painfully.

"You've been crying over us, haven't you?" Frank changed the subject as quick as a wink.

"Well, no," I drain very sarcastically, "I'm not crying over my only three best friends in the entire world that could die any minute!" I snap harshly.

"Whoa, take a chill pill mate. Calm down," Frank sighed, as he held up his hands, but he winced in pain whilst doing so.

"Take a chill pi- HOW CAN I TAKE A CHILL PILL?! You've gotten beaten like there's no tomorrow, which could be the case! Gerard's lost his poor mind and gone completely suicidal on us! And Mikey got shot with such agitation from Rick, getting him in surprise! You could all slip away from me over night! How the fuck am I going to get calm, Iero?" I scream.

Frank closed his eyes and sucked in a breath. I realise that Frank's got tears slipping from his eye lids. Frank's crying and he never cries. I sit back down into the chair, defeated. I rest my head in my hands, crying. Gerard hasn't woken up yet, and we've all been so distraught about it. What if the bullet didn't only just bruise his skull, but actually caught part of his brain? Why the fuck did he shoot himself? After everything that happens, all he can do is pick up the closest gun and shoot himself! Perposterous!