Voice In A Box

Gerard's POV

I sigh as I just lay there in a white room. My head is still pounding from the memory. I can't believe I just killed myself. I don't even know why I did that. I don't know if it was stress or just loss of control. Maybe I'm going insane. I have no idea. But I know that I don't like it here. I'd prefer being in my room, sketching or singing, or watching Star Wars. Just something other than listening out for my fate. Am I going to die here? Will my suicide attempt actually happen? If I commited suicide, then I must have had a good enough reason. Should I kill myself now? Like, I must have wanted to, so I might as well right? No. Just, no.

What is there to do? Nothing. I'm really bored, like, really really bored. Is that possible? Yeah, I think it is.

I bit my lip, I might as well express myself somehow. But how? I sigh and close my eyes, and I opened my mouth slightly, already knowing what was pouring from my brain into my lips.

"Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide.

Make a wish when your childhood dies
Hear the knock, knock, knock when she cries
We're all alone tonight

Hold your breath when a black bird flies
Count to seventeen and close your eyes
I'll keep you safe inside

He burns my skin
Never mind about the shape I'm in
I'll keep you safe tonight, y-yeah

Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide
Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide

Blow a kiss at the methane skies
See the rust through your playground eyes
We're all in love tonight (all in love tonight)

Leave a dream where the fallout lies
Watch it grow with the tearstain dries
To keep you safe tonight," my lyrics spill out of my mouth, and I'm ashamed of myself for singing in a hospital.

"That was nice," a voice made me jump, and I turned to see Ray standing in the doorwar.

His afro was messier than usual, and that's saying something, his clothes were ruffled and I think I see some red near his eyes.

"You weren't supposed to hear it, it's not finsihed yet," I manage to choke out.

"Well, it's nice all the same. What gave you the idea?" Ray says, sitting next to my bed on an abandoned chair.

"It was just in my head after I, you know, pulled the trigger. I kinda liked it, so I marked it into my memory, but then I lost my memory because of fucking amnesia. And it just came back to me then. Amazing isn't it? It's weird, remembering stuff you wasn't supposed to remember," I ponder, looking out of the window.

"Yeah, kinda. I wouldn't really know," Ray mumbles, twiddling his thumbs.

"I didn't think I'd know either, until now, of course," I shrug, smiling slightly.

"So, is that gunna be another big hit for My Chemical Romance?" Ray teases, nudging my shoulder slightly.

"Possibly. If everyone lives through this," I nod, smiling full on now.

"That's the spirit. You're getting out of here tomorrow, you'll be glad to hear. Frank is getting out of here this weekend, and Mikey, well, I dunno about Mikes," Ray sighs, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Is he alright? Please Lord let Mikes be alright," I start to worry, he better live. He's got to.

"Yeah, I think he's alright. He's got trouble breathing, but he had asthma anyway, that was going to get him down. But he'll be okay soon, just give him time, Gee," Ray says.

"Time," I mutter bitterly.

"I think you should rest. You need to find other lyrics to that song, it has to be finished by tomorrow, got it?" Ray warned jokingly.

"Yeah, sure," I wave a hand dismissively.

"Alright well, I better be off. Night Gerard," Ray nods, taking his leave.

The moonlight streams into the room, and my eyes close slightly.

Yeah, night.