A Chance In The Wind

Frank's POV

Did I just say that? If I did, then cootus for me!

"W-WHAT?!" my dear old mother shrieked.

My auntie looked at me, emotionless. I have no idea what she'd do, what she'd say. I thought that she would be the one that's happy for me. She's never judged me before and I don't want her starting now. She was the only one who was enthusiastic about my first scorpian tattoo. I don't need her turning on me at this point of life, especially since my life is on the line here people!

"Yeah," I say cooly, coz I ain't gunna lie.

Ally blinked at me before stepping backwards. Please don't do this Ally! I need her, she's the only family member left that enjoys spending time with me. Without her, I'm a lost cause.

"You love Gerard?" Ally asked bluntly, no emotion behind it. I think my heart cracked.

"Yeah," I choke less confidently.

"Why?" mum gasped/whined/complained, whichever way you look at it.

"Because," I sniff, tears suddenly deciding to roll down my cheeks.

"Becuase what?" Ally snapped.

Ok. I'm a lost cause.

I could answer this question in so many ways. I love the way he doesn't seem to be bothered by watching all the Star Wars movies back to back for days, he doesn't think twice about expressing himself through song or drawing, he's prepared to stick up for his younger brother, he loves to stick up for the Way family, he doesn't care if people call him an Emo, he doesn't care taking my dog out for a walk with me, he doesn't care if I have to make him stop what he's doing to comfort me, if I'm in need he's there in a flash, he wants to go to art school and I respect him for that.

"He's different," is what I state instead.

"Different?" Ally echoed, still no hard texture in her voice.

"How so?" mum inquired, growing a bit angrier by the minute.

"He's not the typical guy," I shrug. Coz he's just different, good different.

"Why?" mum whined, raising her hand as if to slap me.

"What?" I spat harshly at her sudden fucking behaviour. 

"Why are you gay?" Ally blurts out.

My head snapped in her direction, and the tears spilt more quickly. Ally is meant to be my closest relative, my best friend. But she's turned on me as quick as a wink. Why? Is being gay that horrible? Is me being happy a fucking negative to them? What is their problem?

"I can't believe it," I sigh, shaking my head and turning away from my family members.

"Neither can we," mum muttered.

"Why are you gay?" Ally demands more angrily.

"Why are you straight?" I counter just as harsh.

That shut her up. Thank the heavens.

"Because...B-because-" Ally tries so hard to think of a reasonable excuse.

I think that is just too pathetic for nature. If you don't have a sensible argument about being straight, then she could at least say she was straight coz she was in love with her boyfriend. But no. She didn't say anything. She just said the meanest, naive, hurtful, pathetic thing for the answer:

"Because it's right."

"Alison!" mum scolded, snapping her head in her sisters direction.

"It doesn't matter! I'm having my operation tomorrow, and if I die during it, then it will save you the time of disowning me!" I yell coldly.

"What?" mum gasps, turning her way towards me.

"Out!" I whisper, not wanting to look at eaither of them anymore.

"Excuse me?" mum voiced very confusingly.

"Out!" I cry with gritted teeth.

"Let's go," Ally sighed, exiting the ward with mum close behind her.

My machine beeped, telling me I was alive. But right now, I'm a shell. A sea shell being shifted by the force of the sea. Ill stand my ground next time. Show them I'm not someone you can wave around. I am through being the little shell on the sand that gets moved wherever the sea wants it to move. I'll start being a rock, sticking to my ground no matter what.

One fine long beep and my eyes snap shut. Another day, another breath.

Another breath wasted, then it's another mans treasure.