Out Of The Rose Bush And Into The Thorns

Frank's POV

I'm out. I'M OUT! HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS! I'm out of that Hospital and I'm going home! I feel hyper and energetic and high! I'm jumping right now, I'm running down the street and towards my house! Mum's meeting me halfway, she wants to talk to me. I certainly don't want to talk to her after she went all homophobic on me, but still, I'm out and I feel better than ever! I've been in the hospital far too many times. I remember the time I broke my fingers, my wrist, my arm, my leg, my ribs, my knuckles and when I had to have a full body cast because I got ran over! I'm accident prone and PROUD!

Sorry, I feel like I'm shouting, it's just that I'm far too high up to come back down! Mikey is okay, after his father visited him he almost died, we were all crying for him, but he survived with a little support from Ray. Gerard and I would have helped, but we...well...we had our own problems. But now I'm a free case! ANd Gerard is OKAY! HIPPEEE!!! HALE YEAH!!!!!!!!! TAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKERS! TAKE THAT WORLD!

Ahem, I'm done.

Oh shit, my mum has her arms folded. Bad sign. Very bad sign.

"Frank Anthony Iero," her voice thickened, "Come here!"

And I have to blink twice, because my mum is crying, and she has her arms out. What am I supposed to do? Hug her? Oh...yeah.....Alright, I'll do that.

"Mum, it's okay, I'm okay, look! I'm as good as ever!" I console, smirking and winking like usual.

"Frank, you have no idea how much I've missed you!" she cries, pulling me in tighter.

I....can't......breathe....

"Mum, for one, I can't breathe, and two, calm down. I know it was a close call, but I'm back and I'm healthy. Gerard and Mikey are coming out soon too! So the four of us can come together again and-"

"Four? What about Bob?"

"Oh shit! I forgot about him, again. Yeah, well, where the heck has Bob been anyway?" I pause in my rant, stepping backwards and looking at my mother.

Where does that drummer go off too? I swear we need to get a Human Leash for that kid.

"I have no idea honey. How am I supposed to know?" mum sighed.

"Sorry. Anyway, so yeah, everyone is alright! We are all coming home this week and next week when we have had some rest at home we can be back together again! Whoop! Can I get a whoop whoop?" I cheer dancing around and pumping my fist in the air, and I pause as I punch looking at mum expectantly.

"You and Gerard you mean?" her voice got suddenly cold.

I awkwardly stand there with my feet apart with bent knees and a raised fist and my mouth open wide in a mid chaeer. I gulp awkwardly and start to stand up properly again, gaining a few looks from passers-by,

Here she goes. Her and her homophobic self. I hate her! I seriously hate her! How can she show such fucking discrimination like that?

"Actually I was on about My Chemical Romance, but yeah, when Gerard gets out of hospital we will be remaining back to normal. Dating."

I say the finaly word firmly as if I was trying to prove something. I really should give up on my mum, she's a hopeless case.

"Why am I not surprised?" she breathes out hastily, and I swear I can flames coming out of her nostrils. Oh wait, sorry, they might be just bogies. Err...this is awkward.

"I don't know, mother, why aren't you surprised?" my voice came out more rough than I expected, but nothing can change that now.

"Because you were always a failure!" she blurts out, and something stabbed me in the chest right there.

"W-What?" I gasp, my knees giving in and I sink to the concrete on the ground of the pathway.

"When I had a son, I expected him to wear vests and V-Necks and ties and be a good boy with perfect grades and high expectations for college. But what I got is a Delinquint Musician Tattoo-Loving Faggot," mother told me, her voice wavering with emotion.

My heart sunk and I couldn't help the tears pour from my eyes. How could she say that? I felt sick to my stomach. I know I'm not the best Student, but she....she just called me a faggot! I hate that word! We all do! I doubt there is anybody out there that can honestly say they don't mind being called a faggot. Normally, I wouldn't care what any person says, they can think what they wish. But....this is my mother!

Isn't family meant to help you when it counts? Aren't family the only people who should love you no matter what? And then it hits me, my relatives aren't family. My friends are family. You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. That statement has never been more true.

"I should never have said that! I'm so sorry! I'm just so emotional about Rick and the raping and the beating!" and then mum starts crying.

Maybe I should give her one last chance......It's better than being homeless....

"Ugh, You are not forgiven mother! You never will be! But I'll give you one more chance....because you are family, now this is the time to prove it!" I snap.

I sigh before I leave to go home without her, my mind finally showing the negative side of being out of the hospital. Being free isn't exactly what I imagined it'd be.