Untitled Part Sixteen

A'taya's POV

"Open the door!" I heard as a loud thumping on the door continued. I stirred, sitting up and getting out of bed.

I sighed getting my slippers on and heading for the front door. I opened it in a haste hearing the two loud mouths on the other side of the door ready to bang again.

"What's wrong with y'all? Reg is tryna sleep!" I said as I swung the door open revealing Kim and Karen's smiling faces.

"Well hello to you too honey!" LaKim said with a suitcase behind her and a few shopping bags

"Kimmy!" I said my frown turning into a smile. "Where's Rj? And what y'all doing with all this stuff?" I asked laughing a little.

"Rj is with his daddy and my sister in love who actually loves me told me about Cabo so we went shopping for you." She said heading back outside as Karen sped past her.

"Not the sister in love who actually loves you!" I said grabbing a bag from Karen and kissing her cheek.

"Must be, because you tell me nothing. I always hear it from Karen first." Kim pointed out still walking down our steps. "I know y'all sisters and all but don't leave me hanging."

Karen signed. "I hate when she says that foolish mess." She said loud enough for her to hear.

"Me too. Kim it wasn't like that. It just came out to her first and I planned to tell you. But what is all this?" I asked counting the bags from Target, Nordstrom, H&M, and Steve Madden that they had lined up.

"It's your I'm not gonna look old and unprepared for baecation starter kit." Karen stated.

"And before you start with it's too much, it's not." Kim added. "First baecation, you gotta slay it." She sang and closed the door.

"Thank y'all." I said as they pulled out all they'd gotten.

"Reggie didn't really give you too much time to even plan. Y'all leave what? Tomorrow night? We had to make sure we hit all the bases." Karen included.

I nodded. Reginald decided that carpe diem was gonna be out mode this weekend. Today, as in Tuesday he decided that Thursday we'd start our weekend getaway with boarding a 1am flight.

"Y'all." I sighed overwhelmed by the help. I began to tear up. "This is amazing." I said watching them.

"Not all this crying! Are you the pregnant one or am I?" Karen asked and I chuckled.

She'd told my dad and I she was expecting our first baby in a few months. I was and am over the moon about the expansion of our little clan.

"It's because I'm getting off my period." I sighed. "Lord knows I'm always so emotional around it."

"Definitely forgot about what time of the month it is." Karen said sitting on the couch and taking out some stuff from the target bag.  "Okay so, we got travel sized tooth brushes, toothpaste  and listerine." She said.

"We didn't go too crazy on the casual clothes." Kim pointed out. "But we wanted to get you a you know, few cute little date night dresses." She said grabbing the H&M bag and also the Nordstrom one and handing it to me.

I grabbed them both and looked in the H&M bag. I pulled out a burnt orange dress with cut outs on the sides.

"Now..." I started laughing a little. "Who on earth is wearing this?" I asked.

"You." Kim pointed. "It'll look good on, trust me." She said and snatched it from me before I could examine it too much.

"This is cute." I pointed out about the oversized white doll dress they brought me. "Super cute!" I said and they both laughed.